Bengaluru: Karnataka added 810 new COVID-19 cases and eight related fatalities, taking the infection count to 9,21,938 and the toll to 12,107, the Health Department said on Sunday.

The day also saw 743 patients getting discharged after recovery and there are 10,893 active cases in the state.

The state's cumulative COVID-19 tally stood at 9,21,938, which includes 12,107 deaths and 8,98,919 discharges, the Health Department said in its bulletin.

A total of 10,707 patients are stable in isolation at designated hospitals and are stable, while 186 are in Intensive Care Units.

As many as 464 of the fresh cases reported on Sunday were from Bengaluru Urban, which also accounted for four of the eight deaths.

Mysuru was second in the number of cases 43, Chikkaballapura had 32, Dakshina Kannada 30, Tumakuru and Bengaluru Rural 20, followed by others.

Bengaluru Urban district topped the list of positive cases, with a total of 3,89,657 infections, followed by Mysuru 52,541 and Ballari 38,891.

Among discharges too, Bengaluru Urban was on top with 3,78,208, followed by Mysuru 51,161 and Ballari 38,167.

A total of over 1,44,32,085 samples have been tested so far, out of which 1,21,897 were tested on Sunday alone.

To date, tests have been conducted on 2,173 UK returnees, out of whom 34 tested positive, 2,075 negatives, and the results of 64 are awaited, the bulletin said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lakhimpur Kheri (UP) (PTI): Ten people were killed when a van collided head-on with a truck on the Sisaiya-Lakhimpur national highway on Monday, police said.

The van was going to Sisaiya from Lakhimpur when the accident took place between Unchgaon and Bharehta villages.

Circle Officer of Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh, said all nine passengers travelling in the van and the driver were killed.

District Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri Anjani Kumar Singh told reporters that the van collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction, leading to nine casualties on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries at the district hospital.

Circle Officer, Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh told PTI, "Efforts are on to establish the identity of other deceased persons."

The seven of the deceased have been identified as Jaideep Singh (25), Pawan (23), Sohan (21), Ram Goyal (42), Sahajram (35), Pappu (18), all residents of Bahraich district and Adnan Khan (15), a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said.

Condoling the loss of lives in the accident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a post on X, said, "The loss of life in the unfortunate road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply distressing and heart-wrenching. My condolences are with the bereaved families."

"I have directed the local administration to provide prompt and adequate assistance to the injured and the victims. I pray to Lord Shri Ram to grant the departed souls a place at His divine feet and to bestow a speedy recovery upon the injured," Adityanath said on X.

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak too condoled the loss of lives in the accident.

"The loss of lives resulting from the road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply tragic and heart-wrenching. My deepest condolences go out to the bereaved families," Maurya said.