Bengaluru: The Bengaluru city police on Friday told the Karnataka High Court that actor Darshan, the prime accused in the Renukaswamy murder case, had misused his interim bail granted for back surgery, as he had not yet undergone the procedure. They argued that Darshan should be directed to surrender and that his bail should be cancelled.
Special Public Prosecutor (SPP) P. Prasanna Kumar informed the court that five weeks had passed since Darshan was granted medical bail to undergo surgery, but there was no indication that the surgery had been performed. He argued that the actor was misusing the court's sympathy and requested that the interim bail be cancelled.
“For five weeks, they are not doing anything. My submission is that the interim bail should be cancelled. And ask him (Darshan) to surrender and then consider his regular bail application. There is misuse of the sympathy shown by this Court,” Kumar was quoted as saying by Bar and Bench.
Kumar further disputed claims from Darshan's counsel and doctors, who had stated that surgery was delayed due to fluctuating blood pressure levels. He countered by citing that, in such cases, patients are typically given medication to stabilise their condition before surgery.
Meanwhile, Senior advocate C.V. Nagesh, representing Darshan, told the court that a date for the surgery was being set, and noted that the police had already moved the apex court for cancellation of interim bail.
The High Court will hear further arguments in the case on December 9.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru (PTI): The Karnataka State Cyber Command has arrested 68 people as part of a statewide drive against mule bank accounts and “mule herders” involved in cyber fraud, officials said on Friday.
The special operations, which have been continuing since last week across Karnataka, targeted networks engaged in aggregating and selling mule bank accounts used for cyber crimes.
The arrests were made between December 2025 and February 2026, police said in an updated report.
“The Karnataka Cyber Command has conducted statewide special operations against Mule accounts and mule herders across Karnataka. The special drive has continued since last week and this is an updated report,” the department said in a statement.
ALSO READ: CM Siddaramaiah appeals for peace after Bagalkote clashes, BJP blames Cong
Police said the investigation identified a network of “mule herders” — individuals who aggregate and misuse mule bank accounts — who were retailing and selling such accounts to cyber criminals.
A total of 68 key accused and suspects have been arrested during the period.
According to the statement, mule herders had collected personal information and documents from unsuspecting laypersons and opened multiple bank accounts in the names of their relatives.
“These accounts were operated in a business-like manner,” it added.
As part of the crackdown, police registered 60 cases and identified 869 mule accounts across the state. As many as 8,788 complaints were registered on the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (NCRP) against the identified mule accounts.
The total money involved in all NCRP-linked crimes stood at Rs 85.05 crore, of which Rs 13.43 crore has been put on hold, the Cyber Command said.
During the drive, police obtained 32 search warrants and conducted 35 searches. In the searches, 35 ATM cards, 37 passbooks, 80 mobile phones, 28 cheque books and 22 SIM cards were seized, along with other incriminating materials, officials said. Pronab Mohanty, the Director General of Police (Karnataka State Cyber Command) supervised the special drive, police added.
