Bengaluru: The 15th edition of the biennial Aero India was inaugurated by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh at the Air Force Station in Yelahanka on Monday. The event, covering over 42,000 sq m, will see the participation of over 900 exhibitors, including 150 foreign companies, making it the biggest edition to date.

For the first time, Russia’s Su-57 Felon and the US F-35 Lightning II, both advanced fifth-generation fighter jets, will share the same airstrip at the event.

Su-57 Felon
Developed by Sukhoi, the Su-57 is Russia’s premier stealth multirole fighter, designed for air superiority and strike missions. It features advanced avionics, supercruise capability, and stealth technology. The aircraft, which entered service with the Russian Aerospace Forces in December 2020, is expected to replace the MiG-29 and Su-27.

F-35 Lightning II
Manufactured by Lockheed Martin, the F-35 Lightning II is a widely deployed fifth-generation fighter with advanced stealth, situational awareness, and networked combat capabilities. It is a multirole combat aircraft designed for air superiority, strike missions, electronic warfare, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.

Other Aircraft Participating in Aero India 2025

From the United States:
- B-1B Lancer
- KC-135 Stratotanker

Indigenous Aircraft:
- LCA MK 1A
- Hansa-NG (pilot trainer)
- Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT)
- HTT-40 (pilot trainer)
- Light Utility Helicopter (LUH)
- Su-30 MKI

Defence Minister highlights India's growth in aerospace, defence

At the curtain-raiser event in Bengaluru on Sunday, Rajnath Singh described the participation of over 90 countries as a sign of growing global confidence in India’s defence capabilities. He stated that India's defence production, which crossed ₹1.27 lakh crore, is expected to surpass ₹1.60 lakh crore by 2025-26. Defence exports, which reached ₹21,000 crore, are projected to exceed ₹30,000 crore.

Aero India is a biennial event organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation under the Ministry of Defence.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.

The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.

"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.

"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.

Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.

As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.

Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.

Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.

He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.

Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".