Bengaluru: Union Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy on Saturday launched a scathing attack on the Congress-led Karnataka government, stating that all 224 MLAs in the state are aware of the rampant corruption and commission-related dealings within the administration.

Speaking to the media outside his residence in Bengaluru, Kumaraswamy claimed, "In order to implement any government scheme in their constituencies, MLAs are forced to make payments. This has become the norm under the current Congress government."

Taking a direct swipe at Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, he questioned, “Does this Chief Minister have any sense of dignity? He continues to shield corrupt individuals and keeps such people in his cabinet.”

The minister alleged that corruption in the state government has reached an unchecked level, affecting every legislator. “There’s no end to this commission racket. Every MLA is facing difficulties because of it. Even street-side discussions are now centered on the Housing Department's malpractice. Are these departments or dens of wrongdoing? Are these people ministers?” he asked.

Questions H.K. Patil’s silence until now

Targeting Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs H.K. Patil, Kumaraswamy raised doubts about his recent demand for an investigation into irregularities in the mining sector.

“H.K. Patil has been a minister in this government for two years. Why has he written a letter seeking investigation only now? What was he doing all this time? Back in 2015-16, it was the same Patil who had recommended a probe into mining. Has he been worshipping that report every day since then?” Kumaraswamy said sarcastically.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Pallekele (PTI): Senior Australia batter Steve Smith was on Monday approved as replacement for the injured pacer Josh Hazlewood, hours before his side's must-win T20 World Cup match against Sri Lanka here.

Smith thus becomes the 15th member of the injury-hit Australia squad.

"Smith is named as a replacement for Hazlewood, who is now officially ruled out from participating in the tournament due to a calf injury. The team’s medical staff had hoped to have him fit in time to feature in the latter parts of the tournament but were unsuccessful," the ICC said in statement.

Smith had earlier been flown to Sri Lanka as cover for skipper Mitchell Marsh, who missed Australia's opening two matches due to a testicular injury.

The veteran batter trained with the squad on Sunday and is in contention to feature in the crucial clash.

Smith has not played a T20I since February last year but has been in good form in the format in domestic competitions.

In positive signs for the 2021 champions, Marsh too has returned to training. The skipper batted in the nets while also taking part in running and fielding drills on Sunday.

Australia’s World Cup campaign is hanging in the balance following their 23-run defeat to Zimbabwe, and they must beat Sri Lanka on Monday to avoid an early exit.