Bengaluru (PTI): The South Western Railway on Wednesday said that the Railway Board has approved the re-routing of Kalaburagi-SMVT Bengaluru-Kalaburagi Vande Bharat Express train via Sri Sathya Sai Prasanthi Nilayam.
This announcement will introduce an additional stoppage at Prasanthi Nilayam and will come into effect on January 1, 2026 from Kalaburagi and January 2, 2026 from SMVT Bengaluru, it added.
The train will now run through this route to benefit pilgrims, devotees, and passengers travelling to and from the region, officials said.
According to an official statement, the timings for Train No 22231/22232 Kalaburagi-SMVT Bengaluru- Kalaburagi Vande Bharat Express have been revised.
"Train No 22231 Kalaburagi-SMVT Bengaluru Vande Bharat Express will depart Kalaburagi at 6:10 hrs, instead of the earlier 5:15 hrs. En route, the train will arrive/depart at Yadgir at 6:48/6:50 hrs, Raichur at 7:38/7:40 hrs, Manthralayam Road at 7:58/8 hrs, Guntakal at 9/09:05 hrs, Anantapur at 10:03/10:05 hrs, followed by a newly added stoppage at Sri Sathya Sai Prasanthi Nilayam at 11:00/11:02 hrs," it stated.
The South Western Railway stated that Train No. 22232 SMVT Bengaluru-Kalaburagi Vande Bharat Express will depart Sir M Visvesvaraya Terminal Bengaluru at 14:40 hrs as before. From SMVT Bengaluru, the train will reach Yelahanka at 15:05/15:07 hrs.
A new scheduled halt at Sri Sathya Sai Prasanthi Nilayam has been introduced at 16:23/16:25 hrs. The train will finally reach Kalaburagi at 22:45 hrs, earlier than the previous 23:30 hrs schedule, the statement added.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): A 30-year-old man was found hanging at his residence in northeast Delhi's Jafrabad area on Thursday, with police suspecting that matrimonial discord may have driven him to take the extreme step, an official said.
Information was received from Lok Nayak Jai Prakash (LNJP) Hospital regarding a person who had been brought dead, he said.
During enquiry, the deceased was identified as Chand (30), a resident of Welcome area. Police said he was staying with his brother at a house in Jafrabad where he was allegedly found hanging.
According to police, Chand was first taken to Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital by family members after they found him in an unconscious state, and was declared brought dead.
The family later shifted him to LNJP Hospital seeking a second medical opinion, where doctors again declared him dead, police said.
Police said the body has been sent for post-mortem to ascertain the cause of death.
During preliminary verification, it came to light that Chand was facing matrimonial issues. His wife had reportedly left him and shifted to her parental home following disputes between the couple, police said, adding that the angle is being examined as part of the investigation.
Crime and forensics teams were informed and necessary legal proceedings are underway, police said.
