Bengaluru, Jan 25 (PTI): A 33-year-old man, who had been involved in a clinical trial conducted by a R and D company, was found dead at his brother’s home in Jalahalli, said police.

According to police, victim Nagesh Veeranna’s brother registered a complaint on January 22.

Revana Siddappa said Veeranna’s death was a result of the side effects from the medicines administered during the trial.

“We have registered a complaint under Section 194 (3) of BNSS as unnatural death. We have started the investigation,” a police officer at the Jalahalli Police Station told PTI.

According to Siddappa, Veeranna had no prior health issues before participating in the trial.

As per the police report, in December 2024, Veeranna was admitted to the ICU of a private hospital after experiencing complications, when R&D company contacted them and offered the medicine – tablets and injection – under trial.

On January 21 night, said the report, the two brothers had dinner and went to bed as usual. However, when Siddappa attempted to wake Nagesh on Wednesday morning, he was unresponsive. He immediately contacted the doctor from the R&D firm, who instructed him to take Nagesh to the same hospital where he had been treated earlier. Upon arrival, doctors declared Nagesh dead.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Climate activist Sonam Wangchuk's wife Gitanjali J Angmo alleged in the Supreme Court on Thursday that four videos which formed the basis of her husband's detention were not shown to him and only the thumbnails on pen drive were displayed.

Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing in the court for Angmo, told a bench of justices Aravind Kumar and Prasanna B Varale that not supplying the videos violated Wangchuk's right to effective representation before the advisory board as well as the government.

"It is now alleged by the State that that DIG came with a laptop and shown four videos. The laptop was provided to detenue on October 5, 2025, but those four vidoes were not there.

"Let us assume they showed it to be, that is not the requirement of law. The requirement is to give it to me. They have to provide the document, I don't have to ask. It is there constitutional duty to supply. We have said that time and again that the four was never supplied," Sibal said.

Another lawyer assisting Sibal informed the court that the pen drive was inserted in the laptop before Wangchuk and he only saw the thumbnails.

"The videos were not actually played. None of the thumbnails were actually clicked," the lawyer said.

Additional Solicitor General KM Nataraj submitted that there is a video in which the conversation with the DIG and detenue will show everything.

The top court said it see the relevant video recordings, including a 40-minute video of the interaction between police officials and the detenue.

The matter is now posted for hearing on February 23.

On Monday, the apex court had questioned the Centre about the transcripts of videos submitted by it against Wangchuk and said the translations should be precise in the age of artificial intelligence.

It had told Nataraj that it wanted actual transcripts of Wangchuk's statements from the government after Sibal submitted that some of the words attributed to the activist were never said by him.

The top court was hearing a habeas corpus petition filed by Wangchuk's wife, Gitanjali Angmo, seeking a declaration that his detention under the National Security Act (NSA), 1980, is illegal.

The NSA empowers the Centre and the states to detain individuals to prevent them from acting in a manner "prejudicial to the defence of India."

The maximum detention period is 12 months, though it can be revoked earlier. Angmo said the violence in Leh on September 24 last year cannot be attributed in any manner to the actions or statements of Wangchuk.

Wangchuk himself condemned the violence through his social media handles and categorically said it would lead to the failure of Ladakh's "tapasya" and its peaceful pursuit of five years, Angmo said, adding that it was the saddest day of his life.