Bengaluru, Dec 10: A day after a 34-year-old techie from Uttar Pradesh died by suicide after blaming his wife and her family, the police on Tuesday said they have been booked for abetment of suicide.

Atul Subhash, who worked for a private firm in Bengaluru, left behind a 24-page death note, giving extensive details of what he alleged was years long of emotional distress of marital issues; multiple cases filed against him and harassment by his wife, her relatives, and a judge based in Uttar Pradesh, police said.

Subhash's body was found hanging at his residence in the Manjunath Layout area, which falls under the Marathahalli police station limits, they added. A placard reading "Justice is due" was found in the room where he ended his life.

Before taking the drastic step, he recorded an over 80-minute video on Rumble, explaining the circumstances under which he had decided to die by suicide.

In the video, which has now gone viral on social media platforms, Subhash can be heard saying, "I feel that I should kill myself because the money I earn is making my enemies stronger. That same money will be used to destroy me, and this cycle will keep going.

"With the money from my taxes, this court and police system will harass me, my family, and other good people. So, the supply of value should be finished."

He demanded that, after his death, his wife and her family should not be allowed near his body. Until his alleged harassers were punished, he asked his family not to immerse his ashes.

Demanding justice, Subhash urged his family to throw the ashes outside the court's gutter if his alleged harassers were not found guilty.

"Based on a complaint from his family, we have registered a case of abetment of suicide against his wife and her family members. All the allegations are being looked into, and we are investigating the matter," a senior police officer said. No arrests have been made yet, he added.

According to police, preliminary investigations revealed that Subhash had been facing marital discord with his wife, who had also registered a case against him in Uttar Pradesh.

He also sent his death note via email to several people and shared it with a WhatsApp group of an NGO he was associated with, the officer said.

Additionally, in his death note, Subhash requested that custody of his child be granted to his parents, stating that they could "provide better values".

In his death note, Subhash mentioned getting married in 2019. The couple had a son, the following year.

He alleged that his wife’s family repeatedly harassed him for money, demanding several lakh. When he refused, his wife reportedly left their Bengaluru home with their son in 2021, he alleged in this suicide note.

Subhash further alleged, "My wife will keep my child alienated and file more cases to harass me, my elderly parents, and my brother, using the money I pay her as maintenance. Instead of using it for our child's welfare, she is weaponising it against us."

 
 
 
View this post on Instagram

A post shared by SAKHT INDIA 🔥 (@sakhtindia)

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Gandhinagar (PTI): The Gujarat government on Friday announced it plans to amend rules framed under the Gujarat Registration of Marriages Act, saying the move is aimed at plugging loopholes in the existing system.

Speaking in the assembly, Deputy Chief Minister Harsh Sanghavi stressed the need for new norms, alleging that “innocent girls are being trapped” and such practices were spreading “like termites” in society.

He said several people and social organisations had urged the government to amend the marriage registration rules to prevent misuse of procedural gaps.

Referring to what he termed “love jihad”, Sanghavi said it amounted to a “cultural invasion” and asserted that the BJP government could no longer ignore the issue. He said the amendments are aimed at strengthening safeguards in the registration process.

ALSO READ:  Delhi HC asks Jaideep Sengar to surrender in Unnao custodial death case

He said objections and suggestions on the proposed amendments are now invited from the public for 30 days.

“People and organisations can register their suggestions and objections on the Health and Family Welfare Department’s website. The new rules will be implemented after considering these suggestions and objections received by the department,” he said.

Later, the minister’s office shared a document detailing the proposed procedure for marriage registration under the amended rules.

As per the proposed rules, every marriage registration application will need to be submitted before the Assistant Registrar, while applicants must attach a declaration stating whether the bride and groom have informed their parents about the marriage.

Moreover, the bride and groom will have to provide the names, addresses, Aadhaar and contact details of their parents in the application.

The parents of the bride and groom will be informed within ten working days as soon as the Assistant Registrar is satisfied, according to the proposed rules.

The Assistant Registrar will forward the application to the Registrar of the district or taluka concerned. The marriage will be registered 30 days after the Registrar is satisfied that the requirements specified in sub-rules have been met.

The Registrar will upload all these details to an online portal to be created by the government, say the proposed rules.

AAP MLA Hemant Ahir, who had on Thursday introduced a private member's Bill in this regard, and BJP MLA Lavingji Thakor congratulated the deputy CM in the House, saying the proposed changes were the need of the hour.

They said innocent girls were being lured by anti-social elements who exploited loopholes in the existing system to solemnise and register marriages.