Bengaluru: Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar announced that the Karnataka government has prepared a comprehensive ₹1.04 lakh crore development plan for Bengaluru, which will be implemented over the next four to five years. The initiative includes tunnel roads, elevated corridors, double-decker flyovers, buffer roads, LED streetlight installations, and city beautification projects such as decorative lighting.

Speaking to reporters after interacting with citizens at the “Bengaluru Nadige” (Walk for Bengaluru) programme held at the Veer Yodha Park in Koramangala on Sunday, Shivakumar said the government intends to bring administration closer to the people.

“To ensure effective governance, we have created five municipal divisions within the city. The grievances and suggestions received today have been recorded, and our officials will follow up with citizens,” he said.

Highlighting the state’s welfare priorities, Shivakumar stated that the government is spending ₹52,000 crore annually to implement the five guarantee schemes aimed at providing relief from inflation and ensuring basic needs for citizens. In addition, ₹20,000 crore is being allocated every year to supply free electricity to farmers. “In total, nearly ₹1 lakh crore is being dedicated annually to welfare and public benefit programmes,” he added.

The Deputy CM also urged citizens to take advantage of the government’s property documentation drive. “We have provided an opportunity for everyone to get their e-khata prepared and to convert ‘B Khata’ properties to ‘A Khata’. Do not miss this chance,” he advised.

Responding to public concerns regarding CA (Civic Amenities) sites, Shivakumar said the government is formulating a specific policy to address the issue. He further mentioned that the responsibilities previously handled by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) have now been transferred to the Greater Bengaluru Authority (GBA).

Minister Ramalinga Reddy, GBA Chief Commissioner Mahadeshwar Rao, and other senior officials were present at the event.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Delhi Police has arrested a 22-year-old man who allegedly stole cash, a laptop and a mobile phone from his uncle's shop in Dwarka to take revenge after he was fired from the family business, officials said on Wednesday.

Piyush Tulswani, the accused, completed his Class 11 from Rajasthan's Pilani, after which he came back to live with his family, a senior police officer said.

His father, Kishan Tulswani, used to work as a sales manager at his uncle Jeetu's confectionery shops. After the death of his father, Piyush took up his position, the officer said.

Soon, Piyush started embezzling money from the shops, and was fired after Jeetu took note of the act, police said.

His mother also reprimanded him for embezzling money, after which Piyush left home and started living with his friend, the officer said.

Piyush hatched a plot to steal money from his uncle’s shops, which he knew well. Acting on his plan, he took his brother's scooter and broke open each shop, stealing cash, a laptop and a mobile phone.

On January 31, Jeetu reported the matter to police, accusing Piyush of committing burglaries at his shops located in Sector-18, Sector-11, Sector-12 and Sector-4, Dwarka, the officer said.

Jeetu also provided CCTV camera footage from the shops, in which Piyush could be seen breaking them open, he said.

Tracing his mobile phone locations to Safdarjang, Hauz Khas, Rajapuri and Dabri, police conducted several raids.

“He later switched off his phone to restrict access to his location,” the officer said.

On February 13, police received information that Piyush would come to the fruit mandi in Dabri around 9.30 am. Accordingly, a trap was laid, leading to the arrest of the accused, he said.

Initially, he did not confess to the crime, but when police showed him the CCTV clips, he admitted to committing the burglaries, the officer said.