Bidar: A man was apprehended in Aurad by the police after he took matters into his own hands due to frustration over the unavailability of a bus to return home. The incident occurred outside the Aurad bus stand on Monday, resulting in a minor accident with no reported casualties.
The individual taken into custody has been identified as Yashappa Suryavamshi. Reports suggest that he was allegedly under the influence of alcohol when he commandeered a government bus and drove it. Earlier that day, Suryavamshi had been waiting at the Aurad bus stand, hoping to catch a bus to his village. However, growing increasingly agitated by the absence of transportation, he seized an opportunity when the driver and conductor of one of the buses were momentarily absent.
Without authorization, Suryavamshi took control of the bus and attempted to leave the bus stand. In his haste, he collided with the road divider and an adjacent parked jeep. The commotion caused panic among the passengers on board, prompting some nearby individuals to intervene. The people on the road managed to convince Suryavamshi to halt the bus and exit the vehicle.
Upon receiving information about the incident, the police arrived at the scene and detained Suryavamshi, subsequently transferring him to the Aurad Police Station. SP Rathod, the depot manager of the Kalyana Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (KKRTC), confirmed that Suryavamshi had consumed alcohol. Frustrated by the delay in the arrival of a bus bound for his village, he chose to drive a bus designated for the Bidar route, resulting in the collision with the divider. Fortunately, no casualties occurred as a result of his reckless behavior. A formal police complaint has been filed against Suryavamshi by the KKRTC.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Guwahati, Apr 4 (PTI): The Assam cabinet has decided to lift all cases pending against people from the Koch Rajbongshi community in the Foreigners' Tribunals, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said on Friday.
They will also no longer carry the tag of 'D' or doubtful voters, he said.
''There are 28,000 cases pending in different Foreigners' Tribunals in the state against people of the community. The cabinet has taken a historic decision of lifting the cases with immediate effect,'' Sarma said at a press conference here after the cabinet meeting.
The government believes that the Koch Rajbongshis are an indigenous community of the state and they are an inextricable part of ''our social and cultural fabric'', he asserted.
The people of this community are poor and have suffered a lot over the years, he said.
''They will no longer carry the tag of foreigners or ‘D’ voters,'' the CM said.
Foreigners Tribunals are quasi-judicial bodies, particularly in Assam, established to determine if a person residing in India is a "foreigner" as defined by the Foreigners Act of 1946, based on the Foreigners (Tribunals) Order of 1964.
These tribunals are designed to address matters related to citizenship and the presence of “foreigners” in India, specifically focusing on cases where someone is suspected of being an illegal immigrant.
There are 100 Foreigners’ Tribunals across Assam.
The Koch Rajbongshis have a sizeable presence in Assam, West Bengal, Meghalaya, and parts of Bangladesh, Nepal, and Bhutan, and they demand Scheduled Tribe status.