Vijayapura: The rebellion within the BJP in the district is now spreading from one constituency to another where the party leaders have begun expressing anguish openly with regard to selection of candidates for the Assembly elections.
On Tuesday, at least a dozen BJP leaders of Indi taluk held a press conference to refute the claims that the BJP has decided to give ticket to the former MLA Ravikant Patil from Indi taluk, who had contested on KJP in the last Assembly election.
Mr. Patil lost to Yeshwantraigouda Patil of the Congress by a huge margin of over 30,000 votes.
“Mr. Patil has been spreading canards among the voters of the BJP in Indi that he has already been given ticket; the fact is the party has not finalised any candidate,” said Ravikant Bagali, a ticket aspirant. Demanding that the BJP not to give ticket to outsiders such as Mr. Patil, Mr. Bagali declared that if the party gives ticket to Mr. Patil, then one of the 12 party leaders would contest as rebel candidate.
The BJP State unit is already facing discontent in Muddebihal taluk where it has decided to give ticket to party-hopper A.S. Patil Nadahalli who earlier quit the Congress and then the Janata Dal (S) to join the BJP.
The party leader of Muddebihal had opposed his entry. However, going against their wish, the party has apparently decided to field Mr. Nadahalli from Muddebihal.
Rebellion intensifies in Vijyapura
Likewise, rebellion is also getting intense in Vijayapura city where several party leaders have already expressed anguish against the re-induction of MLC Basanagouda Patil Yatnal.
Mr. Yatnal, who was earlier sacked twice from the BJP for his anti-party activities, is now desperate to re-join the party which is being sternly opposed by BJP leaders, including MP Ramesh Jigajinagi, Arun Shahapur and the former MLA Appu Pattanshetty. The party now appears to have a bigger challenge in dousing the fire of rebellion before finalising its candidates.
Over 300 BJP workers and office-bearers of Devarahipparagi constituency, led by district general secretary Ravigouda Patil, have resigned to join the Janata Dal (S). They were angry as the BJP inducted party Devarahipparagi MLA and party-hopper A.S. Patil Nadahalli.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Ranchi (PTI): The body of a migrant worker from Jharkhand’s Giridih district killed in Saudi Arabia in October last year has arrived at Ranchi Airport, but his family refused to accept it over pending compensation, officials said.
Shikha Lakra, team leader of the state migrant control cell, told PTI that, before taking the body of Vijay Kumar Mahato, the family is demanding compensation from the private company where he used to work in the Arab country.
Mahato was killed in an alleged crossfire between the police and criminals.
“Since it was a bullet injury case, the matter is before a court in Jeddah. The final compensation may depend on the court’s decision,” Lakra said.
“The Indian Embassy informed us about the body’s arrival, and coordination was done with district authorities. Our role is limited to coordination in cases involving overseas employers and foreign jurisdiction,” she added.
Giridih Deputy Commissioner Ram Niwas Yadav said the authorities will try to convince the family to perform the last rites.
“We have already sanctioned Rs 5 lakh under the government scheme for migrant’s deaths abroad. The compensation payment might take some time,” he said.
The body is currently at the mortuary of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.
The Family members said they will only accept it if the company provides written assurance regarding compensation. “Without that assurance, we will not receive the body,” said Ram Prasad Mahato, the deceased’s brother-in-law.
Mahato, a native of Dudhpaniya village in Madh Gopali panchayat under Dumri block, was employed as a tower line fitter. His family said he was struck by a bullet during a gunfight between local police and an extortion gang and later succumbed to his injuries.
Social activist Sikander Ali said Mahato is survived by his wife, two young sons aged five and three, and elderly parents.
