Chikkamagaluru: In an incident reported from Coolie Line in Hosahalli in the district, a man allegedly raped his seven-year-old daughter and also injured her private parts on Friday, before absconding.

Mallandur Police have filed a case against the accused, who is identified as Murthy, a resident of Coolie Line, based on a complaint by a counselor at the District Child Protection Unit.

The complainant has said that the girl, who is a student of Class 2, was taking bath at home on Friday, when her father raped her. He further thrust a broken water bottle into her private parts, resulting an injury there.

The police has been told that girl brought the matter to the notice of her mother, who had gone out of the house during the incident. The mother noticed her daughter to be bleeding from her private parts and took her to hospital for a check-up. The doctors confirmed that primary inspection showed that the girl had been subjected to sexual assault.

The complainant added that the girl, who was also taken to the Sakhi One Stop Centre, confided before the counselor that her father had warned her not to speak about the incident. He had, instead, told his daughter to clarify that she was bleeding since her father had stamped her private parts for bathing without her clothes on. The victim is learned to have been raped by her father earlier too.

Mallandur Police have registered a case against Murthy under POCSO Act and are investigating to find the accused, who is absconding.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Beed (PTI): Five teachers, who were caught allegedly facilitating large-scale copying during an HSC (Class 12) examination paper at a centre in Maharashtra's Beed district, have been suspended, an official said on Tuesday.

The police had registered a first information report (FIR) against 17 teachers after a drone camera exposed large-scale copying on February 10, the first day of the Class 12 exams conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, at Centre 224 in Chousala.

Drone-mounted surveillance cameras deployed by the authorities captured supervisors in 16 examination halls, not only failing to prevent copying but also allegedly helping students cheat openly.

The official said five teachers from Bhalchandra Vidyalaya in Limbaganesh have been suspended in connection with the malpractice, and 12 from three other schools and junior colleges are under investigation and may face suspension as the probe widens.

After learning about the February 10 incident, Beed Collector Vivek Johnson ordered strict action against those responsible for the lapse.

Accordingly, an FIR was registered against 17 teachers, including the chief conductor of the exam centre, at Neknoor police station and charges under the Maharashtra Universities, Boards and Other Specified Examinations (Prevention of Malpractices) Act and Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita were invoked.

The Education Department subsequently directed the concerned institutions to suspend the implicated staff.