Bengaluru, Jul 23 (PTI): Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday announced that Karnataka has achieved the highest per capita income in India, citing the Union Finance Ministry data and attributed this accomplishment to the positive impact of his government's guarantee schemes.

He reaffirmed his commitment to building a Karnataka, where growth is inclusive and people-centric.

"According to Union Finance Ministry data, Karnataka’s per capita NSDP (Net State Domestic Product) stands at Rs 2,04,605 — the highest in the country," Siddaramaiah said.

"This achievement reflects not only Karnataka’s economic strength but also the impact of our Guarantee Schemes, which have boosted incomes, increased purchasing power, and driven inclusive growth across the state," he said in a post on 'X', with " #GuaranteeSarkara #KarnatakaModel".

Noting that Karnataka's per capita income was Rs 1,05,697 in 2014-15, the CM said it has now increased by 93.6 per cent in 10 years.

"The credit for this achievement goes to the guarantee schemes implemented by our government. By directly providing Rs 4-5 thousand per month, Rs 60-70 thousand per year to every family in the state, we are making every family financially self-reliant," he said.

The Congress government's five guarantee schemes are —200 units of free power to all households (Gruha Jyoti), Rs 2,000 monthly assistance to the woman head of every family (Gruha Lakshmi), the additional 5 kg of rice to every member of a BPL household (Anna Bhagya), Rs 3,000 every month for unemployed graduate youth and Rs 1,500 for diploma holders for two years (Yuva Nidhi), and free travel for women in public transport buses (Shakti).

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Pallekele (PTI): Senior Australia batter Steve Smith was on Monday approved as replacement for the injured pacer Josh Hazlewood, hours before his side's must-win T20 World Cup match against Sri Lanka here.

Smith thus becomes the 15th member of the injury-hit Australia squad.

"Smith is named as a replacement for Hazlewood, who is now officially ruled out from participating in the tournament due to a calf injury. The team’s medical staff had hoped to have him fit in time to feature in the latter parts of the tournament but were unsuccessful," the ICC said in statement.

Smith had earlier been flown to Sri Lanka as cover for skipper Mitchell Marsh, who missed Australia's opening two matches due to a testicular injury.

The veteran batter trained with the squad on Sunday and is in contention to feature in the crucial clash.

Smith has not played a T20I since February last year but has been in good form in the format in domestic competitions.

In positive signs for the 2021 champions, Marsh too has returned to training. The skipper batted in the nets while also taking part in running and fielding drills on Sunday.

Australia’s World Cup campaign is hanging in the balance following their 23-run defeat to Zimbabwe, and they must beat Sri Lanka on Monday to avoid an early exit.