Bengaluru, Nov 23: Karnataka has reported 224 new cases of COVID-19 and five deaths, taking the total number of infections to 29,94,001 and death toll to 38,182, the Health department said on Tuesday.
The day also saw 379 discharges, taking the total number of recoveries in the state so far to 29,49,083.
Out of 224 new cases reported on Tuesday, 122 were from Bengaluru Urban, as the city saw 300 discharges and 1 death.
Total number of active cases in the state is at 6,707.
While the positivity rate for the day stood at 0.43 per cent, case fatality rate (CFR) was at 2.23 per cent.
Out of 5 deaths reported on Tuesday one each are from Bengaluru Urban, Dakshina Kannada, Koppal, Tumakuru and Belagavi.
Among the districts where the new cases were reported, Bengaluru Urban accounted for 122, Mysuru 22, Dakshina Kannada 17, Tumakuru 12, followed by others.
Bengaluru Urban district tops the list of positive cases, with a total of 12,55,288, followed by Mysuru 1,79,600 and Tumakuru 1,21,032.
Among discharges too, Bengaluru Urban tops the list with 12,33,532, followed by Mysuru 1,76,962 and Tumakuru 1,19,771.
Cumulatively a total of 5,27,82,021 samples have been tested in the state so far, out of which 51,618 were tested on Tuesday alone.
To view today's health bulletin: CLICK HERE
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Special NIA court judge AK Lahoti, conducting trial in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, has been posted to Nashik in the annual general transfer of district judges, days before the court was likely to reserve the matter for judgement.
The transfer order, for Lahoti and other judges issued by the registrar general of the Bombay High Court, will come into effect when the courts re-open after summer vacation on June 9.
The order has mentioned that the judicial officers who are under order of transfer are "directed (a) to finish by judgments all cases in which hearing has already been concluded and (b) should endeavour to dispose of all part-heard cases before handing over charge."
In the last hearing on Saturday, judge Lahoti directed the prosecution and defence to wrap up the remaining arguments by April 15 and was expected to reserve the matter for judgement the following day, a defence lawyer said.
Six persons were killed and more than 100 injured when an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle went off on September 29, 2008 near a mosque in Malegaon, a town located about 200 km from Mumbai in north Maharashtra's Nashik district.
BJP leader Pragya Thakur, Lt Col Prasad Purohit and five others are being tried for their alleged involvement in the case.
The accused are facing prosecution under provisions of the stringent Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The case was initially probed by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) before being transferred to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in 2011.