Bengaluru: Dry run, an exercise for end-to-end testing of the COVID-19 vaccination process, was conducted "successfully" in 281 facilities of 31 districts of Karnataka, and the state is ready for the actual vaccination whenever the vaccine arrives, the health department said on Friday.

The 281 facilities where the dry run was conducted include eight in the city civic body Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike limits.

According to the state health department, Deputy Chief Minister C N Ashwath Narayan visited the district hospital in Ramanagara and observed the dry run activities, while Health Minister K Sudhakar visited Aster CMI hospital at Yelahanka in Bengaluru and the District hospital in Chikkaballapura.

Sudhakar, after visiting the dry run facilities, said the arrangements and preparedness were quite good and the process was being followed as per the guidelines issued.

Several MLAs, including Kumar Bangarappa (Soraba), MP Kumaraswamy (Mudigere), Suresh (Tarikere) visited dry run facilities in their constituencies and observed the activities.

Senior health department officials and Deputy Commissioners of various districts personally supervised the dry run sites, it said.

It said after the successful completion of the dry run in all the districts, the state is ready for the actual COVID-19 vaccination whenever the vaccine arrives.

Sudhakar had earlier in the day said Karnataka expects to receive 13,90,000 vials of a vaccine against COVID-19 in a day or two and it is likely to be administered from January 11.

The vaccination will first be administered to health care workers and 6.30 lakh health care professionals have registered in Karnataka to date, he said.

Health workers will be followed by those with co morbidities, those aged above 60, and in other departments like Police and Revenue working against COVID-19, he added.

The first round of the dry run was held in five districts of Karnataka- Bengaluru (including BBMP), Belagavi, Kalburgi, Mysore, and Shivamogga- on December 2 as per the government of India guidelines.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Lakhimpur Kheri (UP) (PTI): Ten people were killed when a van collided head-on with a truck on the Sisaiya-Lakhimpur national highway on Monday, police said.

The van was going to Sisaiya from Lakhimpur when the accident took place between Unchgaon and Bharehta villages.

Circle Officer of Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh, said all nine passengers travelling in the van and the driver were killed.

District Magistrate of Lakhimpur Kheri Anjani Kumar Singh told reporters that the van collided with a truck coming from the opposite direction, leading to nine casualties on the spot, while one succumbed to injuries at the district hospital.

Circle Officer, Dhaurahra, Shamsher Bahadur Singh told PTI, "Efforts are on to establish the identity of other deceased persons."

The seven of the deceased have been identified as Jaideep Singh (25), Pawan (23), Sohan (21), Ram Goyal (42), Sahajram (35), Pappu (18), all residents of Bahraich district and Adnan Khan (15), a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri district, police said.

Condoling the loss of lives in the accident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a post on X, said, "The loss of life in the unfortunate road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply distressing and heart-wrenching. My condolences are with the bereaved families."

"I have directed the local administration to provide prompt and adequate assistance to the injured and the victims. I pray to Lord Shri Ram to grant the departed souls a place at His divine feet and to bestow a speedy recovery upon the injured," Adityanath said on X.

Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Pathak too condoled the loss of lives in the accident.

"The loss of lives resulting from the road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri district is deeply tragic and heart-wrenching. My deepest condolences go out to the bereaved families," Maurya said.