Bengaluru, Apr 25 (PTI): The Enforcement Directorate on Friday raided premises linked to Congress MLA Vinay Kulkarni in Karnataka amid allegations linking him to a woman accused of "cheating" a jeweller to the tune of crores of rupees.
Addressing reporters here, Kulkarni said the ED is probing a case against him and alleged that he was being harassed by the agency for the past one month.
“There should be some limit to troubling a person. It pains me to see people misusing the power they have… They want to finish me off politically and cut me off from people,” he said.
To a question whether there had been any financial dealings between him and alleged con woman Aishwarya Gowda, he denied it and said if it existed then it can be traced easily.
Criticising the ED action, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah called it "political vendetta".
“The ED raids are the outcome of politics of vengeance. Centre carries out these kind of raids,” he told media in Chamarajanagar.
He sought to know why the ED never raided properties owned by BJP leaders.
“Are the BJP leaders upright?” he asked.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Sukma (PTI): As many as 22 Naxalites surrendered in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district on Tuesday, police said.
The cadres, including a woman, turned themselves in before senior police and CRPF officials here under the `Poona Margem' (New Dawn) rehabilitation scheme of the government, Sukma Superintendent of Police Kiran Chavan said.
The Maoists' influence is steadily declining in the district due to the ongoing anti-Naxal operations, establishment of new security camps and the increased reach of development projects, he said.
The District Reserve Guard (DRG) Sukma, District Force Sukma, Range Field Team (RFT) Jagdalpur and the Central Reserve Police Force played a key role in encouraging the Naxalites to surrender, the SP said.
The surrendered Naxalites were provided an assistance of Rs 50,000 each and will be further rehabilitated as per the government's policy, he added.
More than 1,500 Naxalites surrendered in the state in 2025.
The Centre has resolved to eliminate Naxalism from the country by March 31, 2026.
