Bengaluru, Jun 11 (PTI): Karnataka Chief Minister (CM) Siddaramaiah said on Wednesday that private hospitals imposing exorbitant charges unnecessarily in the name of COVID-19 testing must be investigated.

The CM chaired a meeting to discuss the COVID-19 situation in Karnataka.

Health department officials informed the CM that in the last 10 days, 5,000 tests were conducted in the test, revealing 862 COVID-positive cases, stated a press release issued by the Chief Minister’s Office.

So far, 11 deaths have been registered in the state, but COVID-19 was not the cause of death in 10 of these cases, the press release added.

Officials also informed the CM that an audit report is awaited for one case, said the press release.

The CM also instructed officials to avoid unnecessary confusion and to ensure that all hospitals have appropriate systems in place to manage COVID-19 cases, according to the press release.

He also insisted on inter-department coordination. The Health Department and the Medical Education Department must work in coordination, CM is quoted as saying in the press release.

Health Minister Dinesh Gundu Rao, Chief Minister’s Political Secretary Nasir Ahmed, Chief Secretary to the Government Shalini Rajneesh, and Chief Minister's Additional Chief Secretary Anjum Parwez were also present during the meeting.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Davanagere: A bomb threat email received at the District Court in the city’s Devaraj Arasu area on Monday morning triggered panic and a full-scale security check of the court premises.

According to police, the threat message was received on the official email ID of the District Court at around 8.30 am. Following this, the bomb disposal squad and dog squad rushed to the spot and conducted a thorough inspection of the entire court complex.

After detailed checks, officials confirmed that no explosive materials were found and declared the threat to be a hoax.

Police have launched an investigation to trace the origin of the email and identify the sender.

As a preventative measure, security has been tightened at key government offices and important buildings in the city, including the District Court complex.