Bengaluru (PTI): Karnataka government issued an order on Monday approving the construction work of the second floor at the 100-bed Chintamani Public Hospital in Chikkaballapura district.
The hospital is at present functioning on the ground floor and first floor with an area of about 4,000 square metres, said the health department.
The project, estimated to cost Rs 9.98 crore, will use the funds of the Karnataka Examination Authority, stated the government order.
The project must also ensure that, before starting the construction work, technical approvals are obtained from the competent authority. Detailed estimates of the work should also be sent to the department for administrative approval, stated the government order.
The project should be implemented by inviting tenders in accordance with the Karnataka Transparency in Public Procurement Act 1999 and Rules 2000, added the order.
According to the health department, as per the structural stability analysis of the existing Chintamani Public Hospital building, two additional floors can be constructed.
The health department also said there was a proposal to upgrade the existing 100-bedded taluk hospital to a 150-bedded hospital at Chintamani, but it found that the existing facility does not have the required area of 6,500 square meter, as per Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS) norms. It is therefore decided to construct an additional floor, according to the order.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with French President Emmanuel Macron to boost ties in key sectors such as trade, defence, energy and critical technologies.
Macron landed in Mumbai early this morning on a three-day visit to attend the AI Impact Summit in New Delhi and meet PM Modi.
After the talks with Modi, Macron will attend a ceremony to launch the India-France Year of Innovation.
His visit comes days after India cleared a long-pending proposal to procure 114 Rafale fighter jets under a government-to-government framework with France.
It has been billed as one of the world's biggest military procurement programmes in recent years.
It is learnt that shoring up defence cooperation and enhancing bilateral engagement in the critical technology sector are priority areas to take forward the ties.
"Welcome to India! India looks forward to your visit and to advancing our bilateral ties to new heights. I am confident that our discussions will further strengthen cooperation across sectors and contribute to global progress," Modi said on social media earlier in the day in response to a post by Macron.
