Bengaluru, Mar 1 (PTI): The state government is committed to transferring 45 acres of land in Hebbal in the city to BMRCL (Namma Metro) for the construction of a multimodal transport hub, Large and Medium Industries Minister M B Patil said on Saturday.

However, resolving the legal hurdles surrounding the land is crucial before moving forward, he said.

"The total land under discussion in Hebbal spans 55 acres and 13 guntas. Out of this, Namma Metro has requested 45 acres and 5 guntas. On Friday, Deputy Chief Minister D.K. Shivakumar and I held a meeting to discuss the matter. It was decided that all existing legal obstacles must first be cleared to avoid further complications," Patil said in a statement.

He pointed out that the previous BJP government had issued an order permitting the organisation claiming ownership of the land to implement its project over the next three years. Additionally, a court order is in place regarding the matter.

"If we transfer the land to Namma Metro without resolving these legal issues, it could lead to further complexities," he explained.

"As a minister, it is not appropriate to act against the decisions of the government and the court. A unilateral decision could result in further complications. Hence, we are working on the most feasible way to facilitate the smooth transfer of land to Metro," Patil stated.

He added that all possible solutions are being explored, including discussions with project promoters and seeking legal support.

"If a multimodal transport hub is developed in Hebbal, it will benefit lakhs of people. However, in our urgency to complete the transfer, we must ensure that no new legal problems arise. At the same time, we do not want unnecessary delays either, as any delay could hinder the swift execution of this crucial public project," Patil said.

"Therefore, we are taking a balanced approach, ensuring both legal compliance and development progress," he said, reiterating that the government is carefully reviewing all available options.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.

The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.

"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.

"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.

Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.

As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.

Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.

Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.

He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.

Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".