Bengaluru(PTI): KN Shanth Kumar on Saturday expressed relief after the High Court declared his nomination papers for the post of Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) valid, setting aside an earlier decision of the Electoral Officer.

The Karnataka High Court order means that former India pacer Venkatesh Prasad will now have competition for the KSCA president’s post during the elections scheduled on December 7.

The HC also asked the KSCA Electoral Officer to publish the list of candidates for the post of president.

While setting aside EO’s order dated November 24, Justice Suraj Govindaraj said the remaining electoral process should be conducted as per the calendar earlier decided by the High Court.

“There's only one way you can view it. It's a welcome development. I'm very relieved that the court has seen that I'm eligible. And now we're working towards building for the election,” Shanth Kumar, whose nomination was earlier rejected on technical grounds, told PTI.

So, does he need to file a fresh nomination?

“From what I can understand, the (existing) nomination holds because what the court has done is…it has quashed the order of the electoral officer. The electoral officer had rejected my nomination. And that is the (EO’s) order with which we went to the court, appealing to quash it.

“So the court has set aside the electoral officer's order of rejecting my application. Therefore, the nomination stands,” Shanth Kumar, Director of The Printers (Mysore) Private Ltd, said.

Apart from Prasad and Shanth Kumar, other prominent contestants are: former cricketers Sujith Somasundar (Vice-president, Secretary) and Avinash Vaidya (Joint Secretary and Managing Committee member).

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Thane (PTI): A man and his wife were arrested on Thursday in Mumbra in Thane district for allegedly murdering her lover, a police official said.

The probe into the case began after Raju Yadav, a resident of the Khardi Road area, was found dead with his throat slit on February 17, the Mumbra police station official said.

"Yadav, who was himself married, had been in a relationship with Farheen Mohammad Abid Malik (27) for the past eight months. Farheen's husband Mohammad Abid Abdul Wajid Malik (29) confronted her, after which the duo decided to kill Yadav," he said.

"On the midnight of February 17, Farheen called Yadav to an under-construction flat in the building, where she gave him a cold drink mixed with a chemical. After Raju became unconscious, Mohammad Malik came there and slit his throat. The couple has been remanded in police custody," the official said.

Further probe into the case, including where the chemical was procured, is underway, he said.