Bengaluru: Home Minister G. Parameshwara said he has directed officials to conduct a detailed investigation and submit a report into the helium cylinder blast that occurred near the Mysuru Palace gate on Sunday.
Speaking to reporters near the Home Office, Parameshwara said a balloon vendor, reportedly from Lucknow, lost his life in the incident. He pointed out that there appears to be a lack of regulation over people selling small items in public places, especially in areas frequented by tourists.
ALSO READ: Drunk Creta driver drags Royal Enfield bike for 500 metres after crash in Bengaluru
“As a large number of tourists visit Mysuru Palace, stricter measures are required. The matter needs to be examined with seriousness,” he said, adding that he has instructed officials to discuss the issue with the Tourism Department and take necessary steps.
The Home Minister said the investigation will look into how the balloon vendor obtained the helium cylinder and where it was purchased from. Officials have been asked to verify all these aspects and submit a detailed report.
Parameshwara also clarified that he is not a member of the CWC and therefore will not be travelling to Delhi to attend its meeting. “If Karnataka-related developments are discussed in the meeting, we will come to know about it,” he said.
He further informed that a meeting with senior police officers has been convened on Sunday to discuss security arrangements for New Year celebrations, after which appropriate instructions will be issued.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday asked Jaideep Sengar, brother of Unnao rape case convict Kuldeep Sengar, to surrender before jail authorities in connection with his conviction in the custodial death case of the survivor's father.
A bench of Justices Navin Chawla and Ravinder Dudeja was hearing a plea by the convict for further extension of interim bail upon suspension of the 10-year sentence.
It observed that the interim bail granted to Jaideep Sengar in July 2024 was last extended in April 2025 and since then, in spite of five dates, no order of any further extension or suspension of his sentence has been passed by the court.
As the senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar urged the bench to extend the period of his release on account of his health, the bench said, "You surrender and then we will see."
"Although there is no extension of interim suspension of sentence granted, we find he has still not surrendered. Before we proceed to consider his application for further extension of suspension of sentence, we require the appellant to first surrender," the bench ordered.
The senior counsel for Jaideep Sengar assured the court that he would surrender by Saturday.
The court listed the matter for hearing next week.
Jaideep Sengar, 50, sought the bail extension on the grounds that he is suffering from oral cancer.
The Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) counsel had earlier said it was not a fit case for extension of interim bail, and the prescription given by Jaideep Sengar in support of his plea was fabricated.
In his application, Jaideep Sengar said he was suffering from stage IV oral cancer, a life-threatening condition, and had developed clinical signs of recurrence.
The condition, the plea said, required continuous and specialised medical care.
The plea also informed that Jaideep Sengar has spent about four years in custody.
The high court had granted interim bail to Jaideep Sengar on July 3, 2024, for two months on medical grounds.
Kuldeep Sengar was convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for the remainder of his life on December 20, 2019, for raping the minor in 2017.
On March 13, 2020, Kuldeep Sengar, along with Jaideep Sengar, was sentenced to 10 years' rigorous imprisonment by the trial court, which also imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh, in the custodial death case of the rape survivor's father.
The survivor's father was arrested, allegedly at the behest of the accused, under the Arms Act and died in custody on April 9, 2018, owing to police brutality.
The trial court said no leniency could be shown for killing a family's sole breadwinner.
