Bengaluru: The investigation of the Mysore Urban Development Authority (MUDA) scam took a major turn on Friday as the Karnataka High Court quashed the summons issued by the Enforcement Directorate to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah’s wife, BM Parvathi.

Justice M Nagaprasanna, who heard the case on Friday, also quashed the ED summons to Minister Byrathi Suresh, whom the ED wishes to question in relation to the case although the minister is not an accused.

Senior advocate Sandesh Chouta, who represented Parvathi in court, said that the ED was attempting to initiate parallel proceedings by probing into alleged irregularities in the case although the Lokayukta Police as well as a SIT had already conducted an investigation.

He was, however, countered by Additional Solicitor General Arvind Kamath, who represented the ED and said that the CM’s wife was the second accused in the illegal land allotment case and had been summoned as she had received proceeds of the crime.

The complainant has stated that the CM’s wife had been gifted a plot in Mysuru by her brother. The site had been acquired, but later denotified and bought by Parvathi’s brother. The MUDA had developed the plot although the land was owned by private individuals, due to which, Parvathi sought compensation from MUDA and had reportedly received land with far greater value than the plot of land that she lost.

Mysuru Lokayukta Police had already given a clean chit to CM Siddaramaiah, Parvathi and brother-in-law BM Mallikarjuna in the case.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru: The Holy month of Ramadan will start from Thursday, February 19, announced convener of the State Moon Sighting Committee Maulana Maqsood Imran Rashadi on Wednesday.

Speaking at a press conference after the Moon Sighting Committee meeting held at the State Waqf Board office on Cunningham Road in the city on Wednesday evening, he said that there is no information about moon sighting anywhere in the capital Bengaluru, including other districts.

“However, after receiving reports of moon sightings in neighbouring states including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Rajasthan and Delhi, it has been decided to start fasting from Thursday,” he said.

The meeting was attended by Maulana Mufti Iftikhar Ahmed Qasmi, Maulana Ejaz Ahmed Nadvi and other members of the ulema.