Bengaluru: The death of the six individuals in the rock quarry near the Hirenagavalli village in Chikkaballapur, did not occur due to the explosion of the gelatine explosion. Chief Minister B.S Yediyurappa’s misgovernance, which seeks to legalize illegal mining has claimed these innocent lives”, accused Former Chief Minister, Congress leader Siddaramaiah.

In a series of tweets, Siddaramaiah said, “The Chikkaballapur Gelatine explosion that led to the deaths of innocent workers is a shocking disaster. Along with investigation of the case, I insist that the Chief Minister announces immediate relief to the bereaved families”, he said.  

The occurrence of the Chikkaballapur explosion during the same month as the Shimoga gelatine explosion is a testament to the state government's inaction, irresponsibility, and involvement in illegal corruption. Chief Minister of Karnataka, who are you protecting? The people or the corrupt?”, he derided. 

“The Chief Minister must immediately issue an order for the High Court judge to probe the Chikkaballapur gelatine blast case. Before that, criminal cases must be registered against all the district officials who are responsible for the incident”, Siddaramaiah demanded. 

“There is a direct link between illegal stone mining activities in the state and the miners in Andhra Pradesh. Everyone from the Vidhana Soudha to the District level is involved in this.  Didn’t the illegal mining occurring in Chikkaballapur catch the attention of the District-In-Charge Minister so far?” he questioned. 

“It is said that there are over 2000 unauthorized crushers and quarries in Karnataka. The Chief Minister must immediately release the list containing these and take steps to shut them down”, Siddaramaiah insisted.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru: A 97-year old man became the first to receive the COVID-19 vaccine here as the drive for inoculating the general public got underway in Karnataka on Monday.

After the vaccination drive since January 16 covered health workers and frontline workers, the next phase started from Monday for all people above 60 years of age and those over 45 with comorbidities.

Senior citizens sporting face masks queued up at private Manipal Hospitals here for getting the vaccine shot.

Some of the beneficiaries were wheelchair bound.

"Ramaswami Parthasarathy, 97-year-old, was the first to get vaccinated," Manipal Hospitals said in a statement.

The hospital appealed to the senior citizens and people above 45 years with comorbidities to register themselves for inoculation.

"We at Manipal Hospitals have started the vaccination drive today. The registrations for the vaccination can be competed online through the CoWIN app, and people in the age group of 60 plus can directly walk-in for the vaccination," it said in the statement.

The hospital was cooperating with the government and abiding by the standard procedures and protocols for the vaccination drive, it added.

Meanwhile, the government hospitals too started the preparations for vaccination.

"Today only we got direction from the government. We are starting the registration process from today and will begin the vaccination drive once the preparations are over," Director and Dean of Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Dr C R Jayanthi told PTI.

The state government has said vaccination will take place at all its taluk and district level hospitals and two identified private hospitals in each district.

According to the state health department, vaccination days will be Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in government facilities and all working days in private hospitals.

The number of vaccinations would be limited to 200 per day per session site and would be on a first come first serve basis. However, online registered beneficiaries would be allotted a specific time in a day.