Kalaburagi: The District Superintendent of Police, Isha Pant, has taken action by suspending three police personnel on charges of dereliction of duty following the tragic attack and murder of a head constable by sand miners in Jewargi taluk. The suspension order was issued on Saturday.

The three personnel who have been suspended in connection with the case are Jewargi Circle Inspector Bheemanagouda Biradar, Nelogi Sub-Inspector Gautham Guttedar, and constable Rajashekhar. The decision to suspend them was made in light of their alleged negligence of duty and failure to take necessary action to address the repeated complaints regarding illegal sand supply in the region.

It is reported that there had been several complaints about illegal sand supply activities occurring near Hullur in Jewargi taluk, but the police inspector failed to initiate a proper investigation into the matter. Similarly, Nelogi Sub-Inspector Guttedar neglected to conduct a field visit to investigate the issue, despite the ongoing complaints.

ALSO READ: Theerthahalli: Two lecturers of NITTE Karkala go missing in River Tunga while swimming

The unfortunate incident took place on June 15 when Nelogi head constable Mysore Chauhan attempted to intervene and stop the sand miners near Narayanapura in Jewargi taluk. However, the miners callously ran him over with their tractor, resulting in his untimely death. Two individuals involved in the case have been apprehended by the authorities.

All the latest news from Karnataka, just one click away. CLICK here to read all the important news from Karnataka in a single click.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Supreme Court on Friday refused to entertain a plea seeking to impose a statutory prohibition on social media usage for children below 13 years.

"It is a policy matter. You ask Parliament to enact the law," a bench of Justices B R Gavai and Augustine George Masih told the counsel appearing for the petitioner.

"We are not inclined to entertain the present petition in as much as the relief sought is within the domain of policy," the bench said.

While disposing of the plea, it granted liberty to the petitioner to make a representation to the authority.

The bench said if such a representation was made, the same be considered in accordance with law within eight weeks.

The plea, filed by Zep Foundation, sought directions to the Centre and others to mandate the introduction of robust age verification system, such as biometric authentication, to regulate children's access to social media platforms.

The petition, filed through advocate Mohini Priya, also sought to implement strict penalties for social media platforms failing to comply with children protection regulations.