Kalaburagi: The city police conducted a special round of probe and held as many as 114 people accused in 65 theft and robbery cases and seized assets worth more than Rs 83.43 lakh, which were handed over to the owners by Superintendent of Police Sharanappa SD.
The senior officer also advised the people of Kalaburagi to take additional precaution on several matters to reduce such crime incidents in the city and district.
The Kalaburagi Town Police, who investigated the cases, have seized 936.19 gram of gold, 1,908.08 gm silver, cash worth more than Rs 3.39 lakh and other valuables worth Rs 25.5 lakh, all of which were returned to the owners of the items.
Addressing a press meet at the office of Kalaburagi City Police Commissioner on Monday, the SP said that special police teams were formed to trace the accused and the assets in the cases and technological facilities like fingerprint tracing and CCTV cameras were used in the investigation. “A total of 114 charges, including 5 house burglary cases, 8 daytime house burglary cases, 40 nighttime house burglary cases and 61 simple theft cases, have been filed against district, state and interstate thieves,” he added.
The senior officer also asked the public to take precaution to prevent thefts and burglary. “Install CCTV cameras, burglary alarms and motion detectors on your house premises. Set interlock systems at home to prevent outsiders from seeing the locks inside. Keep your jewelry in bank lockers rather than at home. Inform the officers at the nearest police station when staying away from home for a long period of time. Also, be careful about sharing personal information on social media about trips, journeys or major events,” Sharanappa advised the citizens.
“Ascertain the backgrounds of people whom you intend to employ as house helps, cleaners or car drivers from the local police, in order to prevent theft,” he has suggested.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
