Bengaluru (PTI): Karnataka Forest Minister Eshwar B Khandre said on Monday that the shooting for Kantara Chapter 1, also referred to as Kantara 2, in Hassan district, will be banned and action will be taken if inspection, reveal that the film crew had violated rules, causing damage to wildlife or flora and fauna.

Sources said the locals have complained that the crew of the film starring Rishabh Shetty have been causing damage to the environment in and around Gavibetta, Herur village in Hassan district, by reportedly using explosives while shooting.

The crew have also allegedly ventured deep into the forest when the permission to shoot is restricted to the village grazing land.

“Farmers are already struggling with wild elephant attacks. Despite the Supreme Court’s directive to protect forests, officials have been negligent. Immediate action must be taken to prevent further damage,” warned a man in a video message, claiming to be a former Zilla Panchayat member. The unverified video is also being circulated on social media.

Meanwhile, replying to a question from reporters at the Vidhana Soudha, Khandre said the Hombale Films team had sought permission to shoot the film for 23 days on the edge of Gavibetta and the surrounding protected forest.

He said the Hassan Deputy Conservator of Forests has given conditional permission for this. “However, there are reports in the media that the Kantara team is using explosives during the shoot, which is disturbing the wildlife. As soon as I came to know about the matter, I have instructed the officials and have asked them to visit the place today (Monday) and inspect it,” said Khandre, who is also Bidar District In-charge Minister.

He said if the film crew violates the conditions and causes any damage to wildlife or flora and fauna, the officials can immediately stop the shooting and take action.

In the order issued on Monday, Khandre directed the Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Forest, Environment and Biology to visit the shooting spot at the earliest.

Sources said the locals have also lodged a case at the Yesalur Police Station.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): BJP leaders on Thursday launched a sharp attack on the Congress government in Karnataka and exuded confidence that the party would return to power in the 2028 Assembly elections.

The opposition party in Karnataka also passed four resolutions at its state executive committee meeting at the Palace Grounds here. It includes rampant corruption in the state, misuse of government funds, growing drug menace, agrarian problem and the garbage crisis in Bengaluru.

The party also hailed the Centre for introducing Viksit Bharat – Guarantee for Rozgar and Ajivika Mission (Gramin) (VB-G RAM G) replacing the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).

The executive committee welcomed the Centre's decision to give respect to 'Vande Mataram' song.

Addressing the meeting, BJP state president B Y Vijayendra alleged there was "zero development" in the state and claimed discontent within the ruling party.

"Let us work day and night to restore the BJP’s past glory in Karnataka," Vijayendra said, adding, "A situation has arisen where even MLAs of the ruling party may revolt against the government."

He alleged that law and order had completely deteriorated under Chief Minister Siddaramaiah-led Congress government in the state and referred to murders in Surathkal and Yellapur, claiming no compensation had been provided to the families of a Dalit woman in Yellapur and a Dalit man in Koppal.

He further alleged that Mysuru had become a narcotics hub and recalled the rape and murder of a 10-year-old girl during Dasara in the Chief Minister’s home district.

Vijayendra urged party workers to gear up for a series of upcoming elections, including local body polls, GBA elections and Assembly bypolls, and called for grassroots mobilisation to highlight the failures of the Congress government.

Inaugurating the meeting, Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said, "This is not merely an organisational meeting but a meeting for introspection."

He described it as a gathering to strengthen the organisation and resolve to remove the corrupt government from power.

Expressing confidence about the party’s prospects, he said the BJP would form the government in Karnataka in 2028 with an overwhelming majority.

He criticised the Congress for the Emergency and alleged that the state had become "corrupt and financially bankrupt", referring to scandals, including MUDA. He also claimed there had been infighting over the Chief Minister’s post from the beginning and that public debt had risen sharply.

BJP National General Secretary and Karnataka in-charge Radha Mohan Das Agarwal said the party's victory in the 2028 Assembly elections was certain and objected to alleged attempts to curb RSS activities in the state.

He accused the government of favouring minorities over Scheduled Castes and termed it a "corrupt government".

Former Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa, who was felicitated for completing 50 years in active politics, called upon party workers to resolve to bring the BJP back to power "on our own strength" and to "uproot the corrupt Congress government".

Former Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said it was Yediyurappa who had brought the BJP to power in Karnataka for the first time in South India and praised his role in strengthening the party.

Several senior leaders, including Union Ministers Pralhad Joshi, Shobha Karandlaje and V Somanna, and other state leaders were present at the meeting.