Bengaluru, Mar 15 (PTI): Karnataka BJP President B Y Vijayendra on Saturday demanded the immediate suspension of PSI Ghadilingappa for allegedly assaulting party's district president of Madhugiri (Organisational District), Hanumanthegowda.
Vijayendra claimed that since the Congress came to power in Karnataka, incidents of murder, robbery, dacoity, and rape have surged.
In a post on 'X', he alleged that the state's law and order system had collapsed, leaving citizens unsafe.
"Shockingly, some lower-level police officers are now resorting to physical assault and oppression against ordinary, law-abiding citizens," he wrote.
The Shikaripura MLA further stated, "@BJP4Karnataka strongly condemns this act of police brutality."
He accused the authorities of "failing" to maintain peace in society and instead unleashing "police terror" late at night.
He stated that assaulting an individual, regardless of their social standing, undermines the dignity and efficiency of the police department.
"Certain police officers, occupying key positions under Congress influence, have adopted an arrogant mindset, believing they are untouchable. They flaunt their power indiscriminately. The Chitradurga incident likely has political motivations, with police acting as puppets of ruling politicians, eroding the department’s integrity," he alleged.
He reiterated that if the Director General of Police does not immediately suspend PSI Ghadilingappa, the BJP will be left with no option but to launch a mass agitation alongside citizens.
ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಂಗ್ರೆಸ್ ಅಧಿಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಬಂದ ನಂತರ ನಿರಂತರ ಕೊಲೆ, ಸುಲಿಗೆ, ದರೋಡೆ, ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ ಪ್ರಕರಣಗಳು ನಿರಂತರ ಘಟಿಸುತ್ತಿವೆ. ಜನಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರಿಗೆ ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆ ಒದಗಿಸಲಾಗದ ಸ್ಥಿತಿ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣವಾಗಿದ್ದು ಕಾನೂನು ಸುವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆ ಸಂಪೂರ್ಣ ನೆಲಕಚ್ಚಿದೆ, ಇದರ ನಡುವೆ ಕೆಲವು ಕೆಳಹಂತದ ಪೊಲೀಸ್ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿಗಳು ಸಾಮಾನ್ಯರು ಹಾಗೂ ಜವಾಬ್ದಾರಿಯುತ ನಾಗರಿಕರ… pic.twitter.com/zf5ZN3pk3J
— Vijayendra Yediyurappa (@BYVijayendra) March 15, 2025
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Fugitive businessman Vijay Mallya, facing multiple cases of fraud and money laundering, told the Bombay High Court on Wednesday that he cannot say when he will return to India as he is legally barred from leaving the UK.
In a statement submitted through his counsel Amit Desai to the high court, Mallya said he did not have an active passport after it was revoked and hence, he cannot give a definite date of return to India.
The statement was submitted after a bench of Chief Justice Shree Chandrashekhar and Justice Gautam Ankhad made it clear last week that it would not hear Mallya's plea against the order declaring a fugitive economic offender until he returns to India.
The court had then asked the former liquor to clarify whether or not he intended to return to India.
Mallya, based in the United Kingdom since 2016, has filed two petitions in the HC -- one challenging an order declaring him a fugitive economic offender and the other questioning the constitutional validity of the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act.
The 70-year-old liquor baron is accused of defaulting on multiple loan repayments of several thousand crores and facing money laundering charges.
The businessman, in his statement to HC, said he cannot give a definite date for his return as he does not have his Indian passport, which was revoked by the government in 2016, and also because there are orders of courts in England and Wales that prohibit him from leaving the country.
"Mallya is not permitted to leave or attempt to leave England and Wales or apply for or be in possession of any international travel document. In any event, the petitioner is unable to precisely state when he will return to India," Desai read out the statement in the court.
The senior counsel reiterated that Mallya's presence was not required in the country for the court to hear his pleas against the fugitive tag and the provisions of the Act.
"If he (Mallya) were to appear in India, then all these proceedings would be rendered irrelevant as the statute says that once the offender appears in the concerned court of law, then all these orders would be set aside," Desai told the court.
The bench directed the Union government to file its reply to Mallya's statement and posted the matter for further hearing next month.
Mallya was declared a Fugitive Economic Offender in January 2019 by a special court hearing cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The businessman left India in March 2016.
