Mandya: A suo motu case has been registered against senior BJP leader CT Ravi by the Maddur police for allegedly making inflammatory comments during a mass Ganesha idol immersion programme held in Maddur town on Wednesday.

The event, which saw participation from several BJP leaders, was widely seen as a show of strength by the party following a stone-pelting incident reported on Sunday, September 7.

Reports suggest that Ravi made provocative remarks against a particular community saying, “Muslims shout 'Pakistan Zindabad,' they plant bombs, they are called ISI."

According to the complaint, Ravi allegedly said: "The Hindu community has the strength to bury stone-pelters inside the very stones they throw. When they are only 5 percent, they are already showing their true colours. If they become 50 percent, will our children and grandchildren even be able to survive? They will break society. Some conspirators, for the sake of votes, are trying to divide Hindu society."

Based on the complaint from a police officer, Maddur police have registered a case.

Meanwhile, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar accused the BJP of dividing people in the wake of the stone pelting incident. "They (BJP) don't have any job other than indulging in politics, dividing people and inciting fire. They have nothing else to do," Shivakumar told reporters.

"Let them go to Delhi and get funds (from the Centre for the state). Let them get the state NREGA funds, tax share. Let them get permission for Mekedatu and Mahadayi (river) projects. Let them do this first," he added.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with French President Emmanuel Macron to boost ties in key sectors such as trade, defence, energy and critical technologies.

Macron landed in Mumbai early this morning on a three-day visit to attend the AI Impact Summit in New Delhi and meet PM Modi.

After the talks with Modi, Macron will attend a ceremony to launch the India-France Year of Innovation.

His visit comes days after India cleared a long-pending proposal to procure 114 Rafale fighter jets under a government-to-government framework with France.

It has been billed as one of the world's biggest military procurement programmes in recent years.

It is learnt that shoring up defence cooperation and enhancing bilateral engagement in the critical technology sector are priority areas to take forward the ties.

"Welcome to India! India looks forward to your visit and to advancing our bilateral ties to new heights. I am confident that our discussions will further strengthen cooperation across sectors and contribute to global progress," Modi said on social media earlier in the day in response to a post by Macron.