Bengaluru(PTI): The Karnataka High Court, on Wenesday allowed the Lokayukta to continue its investigation into the alleged Mysuru Urban Development Authority (MUDA) site allocation irregularities involving Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.

The court directed that the probe be overseen by the Inspector General of Police, Lokayukta, and instructed the anti-corruption agency to file detailed records of its investigation so far.

This directive was issued while hearing a plea seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the case.

The petitioner Snehamayi Krishna, an activist, questioned the impartiality of the Lokayukta investigation, given the involvement of high-ranking officials and politicians.

Justice M Nagaprasanna emphasised the need for transparency.

"Lokayukta must place on record all details of the investigation to date. The inquiry will be monitored by the IG of Police, Lokayukta. Any reports should be submitted a day before the next hearing," the court stated, listing the next session for January 27.

Senior Advocate Maninder Singh, representing the petitioner, argued for an independent probe to maintain public confidence, stating that critical case records had allegedly been taken by bureaucrats.

Responding to these claims, the court asked for clarity on which officers had accessed the files and directed that relevant documents be filed by the following day.

Singh further noted that CM Siddaramaiah's wife, a party in the case, had offered to surrender the contested land sites. He expressed concerns about preferential treatment, stating, "If any ordinary citizen seeks land, the process is stringent. However, this surrender was processed rapidly."

Senior Advocates Ravivarma Kumar and Abhishek Manu Singhvi, representing Siddaramaiah, dismissed these arguments as irrelevant.

They maintained that the records were already in court and that due legal processes were being followed. The court reiterated its intent to review the investigation records before deciding on whether the case warrants a transfer to the CBI.

The Lokayukta was directed to continue its probe and submit its findings by January 27, ensuring thorough examination before the next hearing.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chennai (PTI): Afghanistan skipper Rashid Khan called for more bilateral series against stronger cricketing nations after his team signed off from the T20 World Cup on a high, defeating Canada in their final group match here on Thursday.

Afghanistan played some exhilarating cricket, going down to South Africa in a gripping second Super Over after the scores were tied, a humdinger that provided one of the early thrills of the World Cup.

However, the spin-bowling stalwart said Afghanistan could make significant strides if they get regular opportunities to compete against stronger cricketing nations.

"Couple of areas to improve, with the batting, the middle order got a bit stuck against the big teams, and then with the bowling the death overs. That comes when you play the bigger teams in bilateral series," said Rashid after his team defeat Canada by 82 runs, with him returning excellent figures of 2 for 19.

The stalwart said the side had arrived well prepared for the tournament and produced some breathtaking cricket, but admitted the narrow defeat to South Africa proved costly and remained a painful setback.

"We were well-prepared (for the tournament), we played some unbelievable cricket. The game against South Africa, that really hurt everyone. We had to win one of those (first two) games and see how the tournament unfolded. We'll take some positive things from this World Cup and look forward," he said.

With head coach Jonathan Trott set to part ways with the team, Rashid described the departure as an "emotional" moment for the side.

"I think we had some wonderful times with him. Where we are now, he played a main role. It's emotional to see him leave us, but that's how life is. We wish him all the best and somewhere down the line we see him again."

Ibrahim Zadran, who was named Player of the Match for his unbeaten 95 off 56 balls, said it was satisfying to finally register a substantial score after two below-par outings.

"I enjoyed it, didn't play better cricket in first two innings, which I expect. Wanted to back my skills, really enjoyed it. Pressure was there, it's there all the time. I want to put myself in pressure situations and enjoy it," said Zadran.

"Wanted to play positive cricket, rotate strike and punish bad ball, create partnerships and this is what I have done."