Bengaluru, Jul 16 (PTI): The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday declined to grant a stay on the state government's decision to take control of the renowned Gali Anjaneya Temple, following allegations of corruption and administrative irregularities by its managing trust.
Justice Sunil Dutt Yadav heard a petition filed by the temple's trustees challenging the takeover order.
The trust, represented by advocate P Prasanna Kumar, accused the government of acting without due process or a detailed inquiry into the temple's internal affairs.
The temple's legal counsel argued that the move was precipitate and based on incomplete data. He asserted that the trust had submitted the necessary records as required and claimed the government acted without considering the documents in full.
Countering these claims, the government's counsel alleged that the temple trust had not provided satisfactory responses to repeated requests for financial and administrative records.
"Over the last 19 years, the income has been entirely shown as expenditure, with no proper documentation. Not a single financial record has been submitted. Devotees have welcomed the Muzrai Department's decision to step in," the government lawyer stated.
The state also pointed to a recent theft from the temple's donation box as evidence of poor management. While two individuals were dismissed and an FIR was filed, authorities noted that a year later, no charge sheet had been filed, raising further concerns about the trust's functioning.
A report by an assistant commissioner flagged not only the theft incident, but also internal discord among trust members. The inquiry highlighted widespread dissatisfaction among the devotees, with growing concerns expressed on social media. These findings prompted the Muzrai Department to issue an official order taking over temple management.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Ranchi (PTI): The body of a migrant worker from Jharkhand’s Giridih district killed in Saudi Arabia in October last year has arrived at Ranchi Airport, but his family refused to accept it over pending compensation, officials said.
Shikha Lakra, team leader of the state migrant control cell, told PTI that, before taking the body of Vijay Kumar Mahato, the family is demanding compensation from the private company where he used to work in the Arab country.
Mahato was killed in an alleged crossfire between the police and criminals.
“Since it was a bullet injury case, the matter is before a court in Jeddah. The final compensation may depend on the court’s decision,” Lakra said.
“The Indian Embassy informed us about the body’s arrival, and coordination was done with district authorities. Our role is limited to coordination in cases involving overseas employers and foreign jurisdiction,” she added.
Giridih Deputy Commissioner Ram Niwas Yadav said the authorities will try to convince the family to perform the last rites.
“We have already sanctioned Rs 5 lakh under the government scheme for migrant’s deaths abroad. The compensation payment might take some time,” he said.
The body is currently at the mortuary of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.
The Family members said they will only accept it if the company provides written assurance regarding compensation. “Without that assurance, we will not receive the body,” said Ram Prasad Mahato, the deceased’s brother-in-law.
Mahato, a native of Dudhpaniya village in Madh Gopali panchayat under Dumri block, was employed as a tower line fitter. His family said he was struck by a bullet during a gunfight between local police and an extortion gang and later succumbed to his injuries.
Social activist Sikander Ali said Mahato is survived by his wife, two young sons aged five and three, and elderly parents.
