Belagavi (Karnataka) (PTI): The Karnataka Revenue Minister Krishna Byre Gowda told the Legislative Council on Friday that criminal proceedings and departmental action would be initiated against officials and land mafia involved in the illegal grant of 'Bagair Hukum' land.
Replying to a question raised by MLC Ramesh Babu during Zero Hour, the minister said the department had uncovered serious irregularities in Chikkanayakanahalli taluk, where fake cultivation certificates were allegedly issued in farmers’ names to facilitate encroachment.
Gowda said, “We cannot tolerate the practice of illegally granting government land to land grabbers. Around 98 people in Chikkanayakanahalli taluk have been issued cultivation certificates in the names of farmers. An FIR has already been filed against the land grabbers who applied for land accounts using these fake certificates.”
ALSO READ: Nine killed, 23 injured as bus falls off ghat road in Andhra Pradesh
He said an investigation team was constituted on November 13 and sent to Chikkanayakanahalli soon after the matter came to the government’s notice.
"The investigation is underway. It is not possible to tamper with files without the support of record room officials. Hence, FIRs have been filed against all officials who were in charge of the record room in Chikkanayakanahalli taluk from 2018 onwards," the Minister informed the House.
He said the team is also verifying signatures on the fake certificates to ascertain which ones are genuine and which are forged.
Officials have sought one more week to submit the report, he said, adding that the government is treating the matter seriously and will initiate criminal cases and disciplinary action against all officials found involved once the report is received.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
