Chikkamagaluru (Karnataka), Feb 1 (PTI): Another naxalite surrendered before the police in Chikkamagaluru district on Saturday, marking a significant step towards the state becoming naxal-free.

“With this surrender, Karnataka is now Naxal-free,” Chikkamagaluru Superintendent of Police (SP) Vikram Amathe told PTI.

Kotehonda Ravindra (44), a resident of Kotehonda in Hulagaru Bail near Kigga, Sringeri Taluk, has been living in the forests. On Friday, he arrived from Sringeri and surrendered before SP Amathe.

He was then taken to Deputy Commissioner Meena Nagaraj, where the formal surrender process was completed.

Amathe said, “Ravindra is classified as an 'A' category Naxal as per the new Surrender Policy that came into effect on March 14, 2024. Under the surrender package, he will receive Rs 7.5 lakh from the government. If he wants to, he will be provided skill training as well and will be given a monthly package of Rs 5,000.”

According to police, a total of 27 cases are registered against Ravindra, including the 13 cases in Chikkamagaluru.

Others present during the surrender include Zilla Panchayat Chief Executive Officer H S Keerthana, Naxal Surrender and Rehabilitation Committee member K P Shripal.

Amathe also said so far, 21 Naxals have surrendered in Karnataka. Ravindra was involved in Naxal activities in Kerala, Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu and had remained underground since 2007.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Chikkamagaluru: Police have arrested three persons in connection with a recent stone-pelting incident at a house in the city’s Vijayapura locality and the violence that followed.

The arrested persons have been identified as Bharat (23) of Gauri kaluve, Dilip (27) of Ramanahalli, and Harish, the owner of the motorcycle allegedly used in the incident.

According to police, the accused had been moving around near the complainant’s house on motorcycles for three days prior to the incident. The investigation has also revealed that there had been an earlier argument between the accused and the complainant.

Police said further inquiry is under way to determine the exact motive behind the stone-pelting and whether others were involved.