Bengaluru: In a major relief for students, the Karnataka Education Department has revised the pass percentage for SSLC and II PUC exams. From the 2025–26 academic year, students will need to score a minimum of 33% to pass instead of 35%, said Primary and Secondary Education Minister Madhu Bangarappa.

Addressing a press conference in Bengaluru, the minister said that SSLC students must now secure at least 206 marks out of 625, while PUC students need 198 marks out of 600 to be declared pass.

According to the revised norms, the pass criteria will be based on the average of internal assessment and external examination marks, with students required to score at least 33% overall and a minimum of 30% in each subject.

Madhu Bangarappa said the government had earlier invited public feedback on the proposal to reduce the pass percentage. “We received 701 letters supporting the 33% rule and only 8 letters in favor of retaining 35%. Based on this response, the new rule will be implemented from the 2025–26 academic year,” he said.

For SSLC, students who score 206 marks or more out of 625 excluding the first language paper will be considered pass.

For II PUC students, a total of 198 marks out of 600 will be required to pass. In subjects without practical or internal assessment, students must score at least 24 out of 80 marks in written exams.

In subjects with internal or practical components, students must score 21 out of 70 marks in written exams. For subjects with practicals, the 30 marks allotted will be divided into 20 marks for practical exams and 10 marks for attendance and other parameters, the minister explained.

Madhu Bangarappa added that this move aims to bring Karnataka’s education standards in line with national-level evaluation norms and ease the academic pressure on students.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Supreme Court on Wednesday refused to grant anticipatory bail to a chartered accountant in a money laundering investigation linked to a Rs 640 crore cyber fraud case.

A bench of Justices MM Sundresh and Augustine George Masih upheld the order of the Delhi High Court which had denied pre-arrest bail to Bhaskar Yadav and directed him to surrender in 10 days.

The high court on February 2 dismissed anticipatory bail applications by Yadav and Ashok Kumar Sharma.

ALSO READ:  It's a dream come true today: BCCI Prez Mithun Manhas on J&K's Ranji success

In the 22-page judgement, the high court had said there was an "intricate mesh of laundering of money", and the need expressed by the Enforcement Directorate to interrogate the two accused in custody was not unreasonable.

"The accused/applicants, being skilled professionals, have allegedly crafted laundering of proceeds of crime across multiple layers, and to unearth the same, I find substance in the submission of learned counsel for DoE (Directorate of Enforcement) that custodial interrogation is much required," the HC said.

"It is not a case of mere dealing in cryptocurrency, which per se is not a crime in this country and the liability of the accused persons is confined to paying tax on the crypto transactions. The present cases exhibit a vast intricate mesh of movement of money, fraudulently extracted out of pocket of gullible investors, who appear to be primarily belonging to middle class," it had added.

The high court had stated that individual liberty was sacrosanct, but it could not brush aside the requirement to carry out a meaningful interrogation and investigation in the larger interest of the country's economy.

It had noted there were fresh complaints of the accused allegedly assaulting the investigating officers, bribing the local police to settle cyber fraud complaints and destroying electronic evidence.

The money laundering probe stems from two FIRs filed by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Delhi Police that were registered to probe charges of cyber fraud to the tune of Rs 640 crore generated through betting, gambling, part-time jobs and phishing scams, the ED has earlier said in a statement.

As per the agency, the money of gullible people was siphoned off by layering funds cheated from them through more than 5,000 mule Indian bank accounts and subsequently uploaded on PYYPL, a UAE-based payment platform.

Part of the cyber fraud money was withdrawn in cash in Dubai through debit and credit cards issued by various Indian banks, it said.

According to the probe agency, the alleged scam was being run through a nexus of certain CAs, company secretaries and crypto traders who worked in tandem to launder the proceeds of crime.