Kalaburagi (PTI): Slamming 11 years of Narendra Modi-led NDA government at the Centre, Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge on Wednesday accused the Prime Minister of committing 33 mistakes during this period.

He claimed that he had never seen a PM who lies so much and "traps" people and deceives the youth.

"It has been 11 years and 33 mistakes have been committed. You are aware and I have been saying it in parliament too -- I have never seen a Prime Minister who lies so much, who commits so many mistakes, who traps people, who deceives youth, who traps the poor and gets votes. I have been in power for 55 years, and in politics for 65 years. There has been no one like him," Kharge said.

Speaking to reporters here, he said the PM lies for everything and does not implement anything that he says, and when questioned he does not have any answers for it.

"Whether it is demonetisation or employment generation or MSP, there are many such things. He has never admitted that he has lied to people and has committed a mistake, and never apologised for it. He keeps on saying things one after the other and it has been 11 years now," he added.

Prime Minister Modi took oath for a third term on June 9, 2024. The Modi government marked its first anniversary in the third term and 11th overall on Monday.

Kharge also said that he has written a letter to PM Modi stating that, in accordance with the Constitution, a Deputy Speaker should be appointed for the Lok Sabha, and that the government has to function in accordance with the Constitution.

"Modi says democracy, democracy. No Prime Minister after independence has kept the Deputy Speaker post vacant, but during both his tenures (as PM), now the third period is going on, the post had been kept vacant," he said.

Noting that there is a provision in the Constitution about the election of Deputy Speaker, Kharge said when UPA government was there, a leader from the opposition was made the Deputy Speaker and this had been done earlier too.

"Modi's act is illegal, undemocratic, and he doesn't even want to give the post of Deputy Speaker to the opposition. It shows he has no faith in democracy," he added.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Davanagere: A bomb threat email received at the District Court in the city’s Devaraj Arasu area on Monday morning triggered panic and a full-scale security check of the court premises.

According to police, the threat message was received on the official email ID of the District Court at around 8.30 am. Following this, the bomb disposal squad and dog squad rushed to the spot and conducted a thorough inspection of the entire court complex.

After detailed checks, officials confirmed that no explosive materials were found and declared the threat to be a hoax.

Police have launched an investigation to trace the origin of the email and identify the sender.

As a preventative measure, security has been tightened at key government offices and important buildings in the city, including the District Court complex.