Bengaluru: The Karnataka High Court has directed that elections for the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) be held on 7 December under the supervision of retired High Court judge and former Upa Lokayukta, Justice Subhash B. Adi. The order was issued by a single-judge bench of Justice Suraj Govindaraj while disposing of petitions filed by KSCA and B. K. Ravi.

The petitioners had challenged the decision of the Election Officer to postpone the polls, originally scheduled for 30 November to 30 December due to certain procedural confusions. The Court set aside the notice issued by the Election Officer on 17 November and instructed that the election be conducted transparently as per the existing KSCA by-laws, without being influenced by any disputed interpretations.

The Court fixed the polling to take place on 7 December from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., followed by the announcement of results. The bench also requested the supervision of Justice Subhash B. Adi to ensure fairness in the electoral process.

Nomination filing has already concluded, and scrutiny will take place on 24 November. The list of valid candidates must be published by 6 p.m. on the same day. Candidates will be allowed to withdraw nominations on 26 November, after which the final list of contestants must be released.

Senior advocates Jayakumar A. Patil and Uday Holla, appearing for the petitioners, argued that minor changes to the schedule were necessary to resolve issues created by the 17 November notice. They further noted that delays could affect the participation of the state’s teams in cricket tournaments and may even lead to the appointment of an administrator under the Societies Act.

Appearing for the Election Officer, senior advocate K. N. Phanindra assured the court that the polls would be conducted strictly in accordance with the revised schedule and under judicial supervision.

With these directions, the High Court disposed of the petitions.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Bengaluru (PTI): A 69-year-old woman was allegedly murdered and robbed of her gold ornaments at her residence on the city’s outskirts while her paralysed husband was present, police said Thursday.

The incident occurred on Pete Street in Nelamangala, where Shobha lived with her husband, who is paralysed and bedridden, police said.

For the past decade, she had been the sole caregiver for her husband. The couple had no children and lived a secluded life, according to police.

A video from the scene showed the woman lying in a pool of blood, with her husband beside her on the same bed, they said.

The accused, Shivakumar, a wholesale shop owner who has been arrested in the case, allegedly targeted her to clear a debt of Rs 8 lakh, police said.

The crime came to light on Wednesday evening when her husband’s physiotherapist arrived for a scheduled session. Upon finding Shobha’s lifeless body in a pool of blood, the doctor immediately alerted the local authorities, police officials said.

According to police, at approximately 4 pm on the day of the incident, the accused, Shivakumar, a resident of the same locality, noticed Shobha wearing gold jewellery. He allegedly followed her to her residence with a premeditated plan.

Shivakumar entered the house under the guise of being thirsty, asking Shobha for a glass of water. Once inside, and believing she was alone, he attacked her. When Shobha attempted to resist, the accused allegedly slit her throat, a senior police officer said.

After the murder, Shivakumar fled the scene with more than 100 grams of gold jewellery worn by the victim, police said.

By analysing CCTV footage from the surrounding area, police identified Shivakumar and tracked him down, they added.