Bengaluru: Responding to the recent violence during the Ganesh idol immersion procession in Maddur, Minister Chaluvaryaswamy on Monday said that swift action has been taken and 21 people have already been arrested in connection with the incident.
Speaking to the media, the minister said, “There was information that stones were pelted from the side of a mosque during the procession. Based on the inquiry, 21 arrests have been made. No cases have been filed against Hindus. Within just a few hours of the incident, action was taken against those responsible. Such quick action has not been seen in any other case.”
The minister further stated that Maddur had never witnessed such incidents in the past and suggested that outsiders could have been involved in triggering the violence. He accused leaders from the BJP and sections of the JD(S) of trying to provoke people instead of calling for restraint. “If we were biased, why would we arrest 21 people? Regardless of community, strict action will be taken against anyone involved,” he added.
He also charged that BJP and JD(S) leaders, unable to politically counter the government, were trying to create unrest. “They cannot face us in the Assembly. They are unable to digest the government’s development works, so they use such incidents to provoke people,” Chaluvaryaswamy said.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
New Delhi (PTI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held wide-ranging talks with French President Emmanuel Macron to boost ties in key sectors such as trade, defence, energy and critical technologies.
Macron landed in Mumbai early this morning on a three-day visit to attend the AI Impact Summit in New Delhi and meet PM Modi.
After the talks with Modi, Macron will attend a ceremony to launch the India-France Year of Innovation.
His visit comes days after India cleared a long-pending proposal to procure 114 Rafale fighter jets under a government-to-government framework with France.
It has been billed as one of the world's biggest military procurement programmes in recent years.
It is learnt that shoring up defence cooperation and enhancing bilateral engagement in the critical technology sector are priority areas to take forward the ties.
"Welcome to India! India looks forward to your visit and to advancing our bilateral ties to new heights. I am confident that our discussions will further strengthen cooperation across sectors and contribute to global progress," Modi said on social media earlier in the day in response to a post by Macron.
