Bengaluru (PTI) A man has been arrested in connection with a theft at the residence of a Kannada serial actor, and stolen articles, including gold and silver ornaments worth Rs 65.28 lakh have been seized, police said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred at a house in the J P Nagar area of the city, they said.

With his arrest, the police have detected seven similar theft cases allegedly committed by the accused.

According to police, in her complaint, the woman said she is a make-up artist by profession and her husband is a serial actor. On March 11, her husband left for a shooting, while she went to her mother-in-law's house in Hoskote to attend a festival after locking the house.

Expecting her husband to return home, she kept the house key in a shoe rack box. However, instead of returning home, her husband also went directly to Hoskote the same night. Later, on March 13, he travelled from Hoskote to Chennai along with relatives.

ALSO READ: B'luru woman files civil suit seeking ₹62 lakhs after alleged harassment by housing society members

Subsequently, her husband informed one of his friends over the phone to collect the house key kept in the shoe rack box. Accordingly, the friend collected the key the same night, the complaint said.

On the evening of March 17, when the woman returned home, the husband's friend sent the house key through an e-commerce delivery service. After receiving the key and opening the door, she found household articles scattered.

On checking the cupboard in the room, she noticed that a gold pendant chain, four rings and a pair of earrings were missing, police said.

Based on the complaint, a theft case was registered at the J P Nagar police station.

While continuing the investigation, the police conducted inquiries from various angles and, based on credible information received from informants, apprehended a person along with a two-wheeler near a tea shop at Nagawara Circle on December 5, a senior police officer said.

During interrogation, the accused allegedly confessed to committing the theft in this case and also admitted to having committed similar gold thefts in various districts of the state, he said.

"The accused revealed that the gold ornaments stolen in this case and in other districts were kept at his residence in Sarai Palya and at a jewellery workshop in Channarayapatna," the officer said.

With his arrest, 478 grams of gold bars and ornaments, 1.55 kg of silver bars, Rs 4.60 lakh in cash and a two-wheeler allegedly used to commit the offence, with the total value estimated at Rs 65.28 lakh was seized, police said.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Delhi High Court on Friday sought the stand of Delhi Police on a bail plea by Olympian Sushil Kumar in the murder case of former junior national wrestling champion Sagar Dhankar.

Justice Anup J Bhambhani issued notice to Delhi Police and the kin of the deceased, and asked them to file a status report and a reply, respectively.

Noting that the Supreme Court had cancelled the bail granted to Kumar by the high court in August last year, the judge remarked, "I think you are being ambitious."

"Once the Supreme Court has taken a view, what do you expect from me?" the court asked.

ALSO READ:  'My girl lay soaked in blood but no one stopped to help,' recalls Janakpuri accident victim

The counsel for the accused said the bail plea should be considered since all public witnesses have been examined in the trial.

The counsel for Delhi Police and the deceased's kin, however, said all public witnesses were yet to be examined.

"Let a status report/detailed reply be filed before the next date of hearing. Renotify on May 4," the court said.

Kumar was arrested in May 2021 and a sessions court granted him a week's interim bail for his knee surgery on July 19, 2023.

On August 13, 2025, the Supreme Court cancelled Kumar's bail, setting aside a March 4 high court order and noting that his "domineering influence" over witnesses or delaying the trial proceedings could not be ruled out.

On February 6 this year, a trial court refused to grant bail to Kumar, saying the possibility that the accused might influence witnesses "cannot be ruled out".

The trial court, in October 2022, framed charges against Kumar under Indian Penal Code sections dealing with murder, criminal conspiracy, intimidation and rioting with a deadly weapon. Charges were also framed under the provisions of the Arms Act.

The trial court had noted that after being abducted and brought to the Chhatrasal Stadium, Dhankar was severely assaulted by several accused persons with baseball and hockey sticks.