Bengaluru(PTI): Karnataka Cooperation Minister K N Rajanna on Thursday said that there are too many power centres in the ruling Congress in the state as he also indicated that there will be political developments after September.
These comments are seen with significance amid speculation about a cabinet reshuffle and leadership change in the state later this year.
"Let September get over....there will be developments in state politics. It will begin (after September)," Rajanna told reporters in response to a question.
Asked about the opinion among some legislators that Chief Minister Siddaramaiah is not the same as he was in 2013-18 (his first stint as CM) and whether there is pressure on him, he said there are too many power centres in Congress now.
"During 2013-18 there was only one power centre. Now there are many -- one, two, three. You can say how many ever you want. When there are many power centres, there will be more hustle and bustle, and in that background, he (Siddaramaiah) will also have to manage the government and party, according to the situation," Rajanna, who is considered close to Siddaramaiah, said.
"You may say that you can't see Siddaramaiah of 2013-18 and that is more or less the opinion of the people too...there are power centres. There are many," he added.
Meanwhile, asked about any big development in state politics or at the government level, by the end of this year, PWD Minister Satish Jarkiholi said there may be some changes, but not big.
"I don't feel that way....I don't see big changes, but there may be changes," he said.
Asked about the cabinet reshuffle, he said, "There may be some changes, not big changes..."
There have been speculations within political circles, especially within the ruling Congress, for some time now about the chief minister change later this year, citing power-sharing agreement involving Siddaramaiah and Deputy CM Shivakumar. But such talks have taken a backseat after strong instructions from the party high command.
There have also been speculations regarding change of KPCC President, the post which Shivakumar currently holds for an extended tenure.
The comments from the ministers have come amid disgruntlement within the ruling Congress, with some legislators speaking openly against their own party government's functioning.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Ranchi (PTI): The body of a migrant worker from Jharkhand’s Giridih district killed in Saudi Arabia in October last year has arrived at Ranchi Airport, but his family refused to accept it over pending compensation, officials said.
Shikha Lakra, team leader of the state migrant control cell, told PTI that, before taking the body of Vijay Kumar Mahato, the family is demanding compensation from the private company where he used to work in the Arab country.
Mahato was killed in an alleged crossfire between the police and criminals.
“Since it was a bullet injury case, the matter is before a court in Jeddah. The final compensation may depend on the court’s decision,” Lakra said.
“The Indian Embassy informed us about the body’s arrival, and coordination was done with district authorities. Our role is limited to coordination in cases involving overseas employers and foreign jurisdiction,” she added.
Giridih Deputy Commissioner Ram Niwas Yadav said the authorities will try to convince the family to perform the last rites.
“We have already sanctioned Rs 5 lakh under the government scheme for migrant’s deaths abroad. The compensation payment might take some time,” he said.
The body is currently at the mortuary of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.
The Family members said they will only accept it if the company provides written assurance regarding compensation. “Without that assurance, we will not receive the body,” said Ram Prasad Mahato, the deceased’s brother-in-law.
Mahato, a native of Dudhpaniya village in Madh Gopali panchayat under Dumri block, was employed as a tower line fitter. His family said he was struck by a bullet during a gunfight between local police and an extortion gang and later succumbed to his injuries.
Social activist Sikander Ali said Mahato is survived by his wife, two young sons aged five and three, and elderly parents.
