Bengaluru (PTI): Playing down speculations about "November revolution" and major political changes in Karnataka, especially in the ruling Congress, state Minister Satish Jarkiholi on Monday said the party high command would not let any such upheaval to take place.

There have been speculations about a change in Chief Minister in the state, when the Congress government reaches the halfway mark of its five-year term in November, which is being referred to by some as "November revolution".

"I have said it many times, I'm not aware of it. It will be decided at the level of the Chief Minister, Deputy CM and party high command. I'm not aware of it, so I cannot say anything about it," Jarkiholi said responding to a question regarding the cabinet reshuffle and power sharing with leadership change.

Speaking to reporters here, the minister said, "I don't know anything about the November revolution. There is a party and there is high command, why will they let any revolution happen? They will not allow it."

When pointed out that many leaders in the party, including his friend K N Rajanna repeatedly predicting political changes in November, he said, "let's wait and see, only a few more days are left."

The state's political circles have been abuzz with speculation about a possible power-sharing arrangement between incumbent CM Siddaramaiah and his deputy D K Shivakumar.

The statement made by Siddaramaiah's son Yathindra Siddaramaiah last week that his father was at the fag end of his political life and Satish Jarkiholi is a leader with similar progressive ideological thinking, had lead to speculations.

Downplaying Yathindra's remark, Jarkiholi said he has spoken about leading the AHINDA (Kannada acronym for minorities, backward classes, and Dalits) movement (championed by Siddaramaiah), which is separate from the party and the government.

"It has nothing to do with this (CM change)....I have not asked for CM post or party (President) post and he (Yathindra) too did not speak about CM or party president post," he said.

Asked whether he would stake claim for the CM's post in 2028, he said, "let's see when the time comes. Election has to happen and depending on the situation, a decision will be taken."

To another query about some voices within the party rooting for him to take over as the Karnataka Congress President, Jarkiholi said the party high command will take a call on it.

"There is no point in me making any claims....I have not demanded, nor will I do it. I have been given the responsibility as the Minister and I'm discharging it."

Currently the state Congress President post is held by Deputy CM D K Shivakumar for an extended tenure.

Responding to a question on the demand for a Dalit CM, Jarkiholi, a leader from the ST community said, "Many, including me have said that if an opportunity is given (to Dalit) it will be good. The party will ultimately decide who and from which community."

Asked whether there was a possibility for a Dalit to become CM in the Congress party, he replied, "it may happen in the days ahead. We will have to wait, immediately there is no such opportunity. We will have to create an opportunity."

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.

The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.

"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.

"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.

Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.

As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.

Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.

Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.

He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.

Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".