Mysuru: A bomb threat email sent to Mysuru City Police Commissioner Seema Latkar in the early hours of Friday has triggered a high alert across the city. The email, received at around 1:30 am, warned that multiple bombs had been planted at various key locations in Mysuru and could detonate within 24 hours.

In response, Commissioner Latkar convened an emergency meeting with senior police officials and ordered immediate deployment of bomb detection and disposal squads. Dog squads and special teams have been conducting intensive checks at sensitive areas, including Mysuru railway station, the airport, city and suburban bus stands, Mysore Palace, major temples, hotels, and other crowded locations.

“All officers are on the ground, inspecting public places, hotels, and lodges. We are taking the threat very seriously as it concerns public safety. The entire city has been placed under high alert,” said Commissioner Seema Latkar.

Additional security has been deployed across all police stations, and district police units have been alerted to assist with surveillance, intelligence gathering, and precautionary measures.

As of now, no suspicious object has been found, but search operations continue. Authorities have appealed to the public to remain calm and cooperate with security personnel.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Beed (PTI): Five teachers, who were caught allegedly facilitating large-scale copying during an HSC (Class 12) examination paper at a centre in Maharashtra's Beed district, have been suspended, an official said on Tuesday.

The police had registered a first information report (FIR) against 17 teachers after a drone camera exposed large-scale copying on February 10, the first day of the Class 12 exams conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, at Centre 224 in Chousala.

Drone-mounted surveillance cameras deployed by the authorities captured supervisors in 16 examination halls, not only failing to prevent copying but also allegedly helping students cheat openly.

The official said five teachers from Bhalchandra Vidyalaya in Limbaganesh have been suspended in connection with the malpractice, and 12 from three other schools and junior colleges are under investigation and may face suspension as the probe widens.

After learning about the February 10 incident, Beed Collector Vivek Johnson ordered strict action against those responsible for the lapse.

Accordingly, an FIR was registered against 17 teachers, including the chief conductor of the exam centre, at Neknoor police station and charges under the Maharashtra Universities, Boards and Other Specified Examinations (Prevention of Malpractices) Act and Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita were invoked.

The Education Department subsequently directed the concerned institutions to suspend the implicated staff.