Bengaluru, Nov 30: Karnataka logged 291 new COVID-19 cases and eight deaths on Tuesday, taking the total number of infections to 29,96,148 and the toll to 38,211.

The day also saw 745 discharges, taking the total number of recoveries in the state so far to 29,51,492, a health department bulletin said. Bengaluru Urban continued to top the list in number of cases (185), as the city saw 654 discharges and 6 deaths.

The total number of active cases is now 6,416.

While the positivity rate for the day stood at 0.47 per cent, the Case Fatality Rate (CFR) was 2.74 per cent.

Behind Bengaluru Urban in number of deaths was Bidar and Mysuru, with one each.

Among the districts where the new cases were reported, Bengaluru Urban accounted for 185, Mysuru 28, Dakshina Kannada 19, Dharwad 9, followed by others.

Bengaluru Urban district headed the list of positive cases with a total of 12,56,452, followed by Mysuru 1,79,771 and Tumakuru 1,21,095.

Among discharges too, Bengaluru Urban was on top with 12,35,281, followed by Mysuru 1,77,102 and Tumakuru 1,19,830.

Cumulatively a total of 5,32,89,808 samples have been tested in the state so far, out of which 61,804 were done on Tuesday alone.

To view today's health bulletin: CLICK HERE

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



New Delhi (PTI): The Supreme Court on Friday refused to entertain a plea seeking to impose a statutory prohibition on social media usage for children below 13 years.

"It is a policy matter. You ask Parliament to enact the law," a bench of Justices B R Gavai and Augustine George Masih told the counsel appearing for the petitioner.

"We are not inclined to entertain the present petition in as much as the relief sought is within the domain of policy," the bench said.

While disposing of the plea, it granted liberty to the petitioner to make a representation to the authority.

The bench said if such a representation was made, the same be considered in accordance with law within eight weeks.

The plea, filed by Zep Foundation, sought directions to the Centre and others to mandate the introduction of robust age verification system, such as biometric authentication, to regulate children's access to social media platforms.

The petition, filed through advocate Mohini Priya, also sought to implement strict penalties for social media platforms failing to comply with children protection regulations.