Bengaluru: The Energy Department has announced that online services of five Electricity Supply Companies (ESCOMs) will be unavailable for two days, from 8:30 PM on July 25 to 10:00 PM on July 27, due to an Information Technology (IT) system upgrade.

In a notification issued on Tuesday, the department said that services such as electricity bill payment, name and address changes, and new connection requests will be suspended during this period. The disruption will affect all ESCOM websites, the BESCOM Mitra mobile app, and payment counters at Bangalore One and Karnataka One centers.

Areas Affected by BESCOM: All sub-divisions of Bengaluru city including Shidlaghatta, Chikkaballapur, Kolar, Chintamani, Kanakapura, Ramanagara, Davangere-1 & 2, Chitradurga, Tumkur-1 & 2, Sira, Channapatna, Anekal, Mulbagal, Bangarpet, Gauribidanur, Hoskote, Doddaballapur, KGF, Challakere, Kunigal, Harapanahalli, Harihar, Hiriyur, and Tiptur.

CESC (Chamundeshwari ESCOM): Malavalli, Nanjangud, Mysuru, Mandya, Hunsur, Chamarajanagar, K R Nagar, Arsikere, Madikeri, Kollegal, Hassan, and Channarayapatna.

MESCOM: Bantwal, Kadur, Tarikere, Puttur, Udupi, Mangaluru, Shikaripura, Sagar, Shivamogga, Bhadravati, and Chikkamagaluru.

GESCOM: Manvi, Sindhanur, Bidar, Gangavati, Kalaburagi, Sedam, Basavakalyan, Wadi, Aland, Bhalki, Shahabad, Shahpur, Shorapur, Siruguppa, Kampli, Yadgir, Raichur, Ballari, Koppal, Humnabad, and Hosapete.

HESCOM: Hubballi-Dharwad, Belagavi, Karwar, Nippani, Chikkodi, Athani, Bhatkal, Dandeli, Indi, Saundatti, Savanur, Sirsi, Kumta, Bagalkot, Rabakavi-Banahatti, Gadag, Gokak, Haveri, Ilkal, and Mudhol.

Consumers in the affected areas are advised to complete any urgent transactions before the scheduled downtime. Services are expected to resume as normal after the upgrade is completed on July 27 at 10:00 PM.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Pallekele (PTI): Senior Australia batter Steve Smith was on Monday approved as replacement for the injured pacer Josh Hazlewood, hours before his side's must-win T20 World Cup match against Sri Lanka here.

Smith thus becomes the 15th member of the injury-hit Australia squad.

"Smith is named as a replacement for Hazlewood, who is now officially ruled out from participating in the tournament due to a calf injury. The team’s medical staff had hoped to have him fit in time to feature in the latter parts of the tournament but were unsuccessful," the ICC said in statement.

Smith had earlier been flown to Sri Lanka as cover for skipper Mitchell Marsh, who missed Australia's opening two matches due to a testicular injury.

The veteran batter trained with the squad on Sunday and is in contention to feature in the crucial clash.

Smith has not played a T20I since February last year but has been in good form in the format in domestic competitions.

In positive signs for the 2021 champions, Marsh too has returned to training. The skipper batted in the nets while also taking part in running and fielding drills on Sunday.

Australia’s World Cup campaign is hanging in the balance following their 23-run defeat to Zimbabwe, and they must beat Sri Lanka on Monday to avoid an early exit.