Raichur: Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Monday accused the opposition parties, the BJP-JDS of spreading false propaganda and misleading the people.

“They are spreading the false narrative that development programs are not being implemented through guarantee schemes,” said the Chief Minister speaking at the inauguration, foundation stone laying of various projects, Budakattu Festival, and the Decennial celebrations of the Article 371 (J).

Taking a dig at the state BJP President, the Chief Minister said he is still young in politics and needs to gain further experience. “BJP state president B.Y. Vijayendra, you are still young in politics, you need to gain more experience; you should not speak the way you are, as it will reduce your respect.”

“When in power, the BJP did not respond to the hardships of the people. They (BJP-JDS) are lying, don’t listen to them,” he urged the public.

Siddaramaiah also noted that in Raichur rural area, development programs worth ₹936 crore have been inaugurated and foundation stones laid. Similarly, development works are being carried out in all districts of the state. “We are doing what we said,” he said.

“We have been wronged by the 15th Finance Commission. I have submitted two petitions. I will meet the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister and urge them to correct the injustice done to us in the 16th Finance Commission,” he added.

Raichur Rural MLA Basanagowda Daddal is doing a good job. When Siddaramaiah said that Daddal should win again, his supporters shouted that he should be made the in-charge minister.

H.K. Patil, Satish Jarkiholi, Shivraj Tangadgi, Sharanappa Darshanapura, N. S. Boseraju, Ajay Singh, K.J. George, Dr. Sharanaprakash Patil, M.C. Sudhakar, Raichur Rural MLA Basanagouda Daddal, MP G. Kumar Nayak, Legislative Council members A. Vasanth Kumar, Sharanegowda Bayyapura, MLA Hampanagouda Badarli, and others were present at the event.

Get all the latest, breaking news from Karnataka in a single click. CLICK HERE to get all the latest news from Karnataka.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Ranchi (PTI): The body of a migrant worker from Jharkhand’s Giridih district killed in Saudi Arabia in October last year has arrived at Ranchi Airport, but his family refused to accept it over pending compensation, officials said.

Shikha Lakra, team leader of the state migrant control cell, told PTI that, before taking the body of Vijay Kumar Mahato, the family is demanding compensation from the private company where he used to work in the Arab country.

Mahato was killed in an alleged crossfire between the police and criminals.

“Since it was a bullet injury case, the matter is before a court in Jeddah. The final compensation may depend on the court’s decision,” Lakra said.

“The Indian Embassy informed us about the body’s arrival, and coordination was done with district authorities. Our role is limited to coordination in cases involving overseas employers and foreign jurisdiction,” she added.

Giridih Deputy Commissioner Ram Niwas Yadav said the authorities will try to convince the family to perform the last rites.

“We have already sanctioned Rs 5 lakh under the government scheme for migrant’s deaths abroad. The compensation payment might take some time,” he said.

The body is currently at the mortuary of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.

The Family members said they will only accept it if the company provides written assurance regarding compensation. “Without that assurance, we will not receive the body,” said Ram Prasad Mahato, the deceased’s brother-in-law.

Mahato, a native of Dudhpaniya village in Madh Gopali panchayat under Dumri block, was employed as a tower line fitter. His family said he was struck by a bullet during a gunfight between local police and an extortion gang and later succumbed to his injuries.

Social activist Sikander Ali said Mahato is survived by his wife, two young sons aged five and three, and elderly parents.