Bengaluru, September 3: Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said that going by the results of the urban local bodies elections, the people in the state have accepted the Congress-JDS coalition government.
Speaking to reporters here on Monday, the Chief Minister said that they have not gone before the people with bing-bang. Both the parties have decided to leave the party workers and candidates for themselves and fight the elections locally. Like BJP leaders, the Congress and JDS have not formed teams and campaigned. They believed that the urban voters have always been supporting the BJP. But this result has clearly showed that the BJP has been losing its popularity even in urban areas, he said.
The people have supported the 100 days administration of the coalition government in the state, for which he would be grateful to the voters. The government would give a clear answer through development works for those who have involved in false propaganda against the stability of the government. BJP leaders have been asking about the existence of the government and asking as to why the Chief Minister did not visit the north Karnataka. Did Yeddyurappa, Sadananda Gowda and Jagadish Shettar visit the north Karnataka within three months after becoming the chief ministers? He would give answers with clear evidence to all the allegations made against him, he said.
“BJP people have been asking me to publish the White Paper on the financial condition, farmers loan waiver and achievements of the government. If they want, I will publish it in saffron colour. In the local bodies where no party has got majority, we will not give room for any confusions. The Congress and JDS would have coalition during the election to presidents and vice presidents”, he said.
The coalition government has just completed 100 days in office. Within a short span of time, BJP people have been saying that the coalition partners should have swept all the seats in the state. But with the blessings of the people of the state, he would try to sweep all the seats in the Lok Sabha election in the state, he said.
Belagavi politics is different
“Belagavi district politics is different. Jarkiholi brothers have been winning the seats in Belagavi like independents. Ramesh Jarkiholi is the minister and his brother Satish Jarkiholi is the MLA. BJP leaders are day dreaming that Satish Jarkiholi will join the BJP. But their dream will not come true”.
- H.D Kumaraswamy, Chief Minister of Karnataka
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mathura(UP), Apr 5 (PTI): A retired Army colonel from Haryana has filed a police complaint here, alleging that he was held hostage, assaulted, looted and forced to participate in an "obscene video" at gunpoint with a woman he met through a matrimonial website, police said on Saturday.
The woman from Mathura, who was allegedly in on the plan to rob him, was working with other accomplices, the ex-armyman said in his complaint filed on Thursday.
According to Barsana Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Kamal Singh, Colonel Rajneesh Soni (retired), a resident of Gurugram, reported that he was contacted by a woman from Barsana on a matrimonial website in January. The woman allegedly agreed to marry him, and they began communicating.
The woman allegedly persuaded the colonel to visit Barsana on January 25, requesting that he visit the Radharani temple. When he arrived, she arranged for his stay at a guest house and took him on a tour of the area, including a visit to the temple, the complainant said.
After returning to the guest house, the woman and her accomplices allegedly told the colonel that her brother had been involved in an accident and they needed to leave immediately. They then led him to a waiting car.
"Once outside the town limits, the colonel alleges that he was attacked by the occupants of the car. They seized his phone, physically assaulted him, and forced him to contact relatives and friends to transfer money," the SHO said.
"He was then taken back to the guest house, where he was allegedly forced to participate in obscene videos and photographs at gunpoint. He was threatened that the videos would be made public if he reported the incident," the officer said.
The colonel has alleged that his purse, bag, gold chain, debit card and Rs. 12,000 in cash were stolen from the guest house.
After an unsuccessful attempt at locating the perpetrators himself, the colonel finally reported the incident to the Barsana police two days ago, he said.
"A case has been registered under relevant sections of the BNS and all facts are being investigated. Further action will be taken as per facts found in the investigation," the SHO said.