Shivamogga (PTI): Karnataka Home Minister Araga Jnanendra on Monday said the state police and the Intelligence Bureau (IB) are conducting a joint probe regarding the use of banned satellite phones in forest areas of Chikkamagaluru and the coastal region.
He said the illegal operation of banned satellite signals in these regions had come to the notice of authorities.
Jnanendra said information on use of satellite phones and operation of its signals has been shared with state police along with the Centre's IB officials, and a joint probe is underway.
"The central intelligence department has identified the use of satellite phones at certain specific locations in Mangaluru coast, Uttara Kannada and Chikkamagaluru district, and the state's internal security division officials have joined hands in the probe," the Home Minister was quoted as saying by his office in a statement.
Detailed investigation is on regarding those who are behind the use of satellite phones and whom they are operating it with, he added.
In September last year, the minister had told the Karnataka Legislative Assembly that the government has information about the use of satellite phones numbering 256 incidents in 2020, and 220 in 2021 (till September).
He had said that there has been exchange of information between local police stations, Internal Security Division (ISD), Intelligence Bureau (IB) and the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) regarding the use of satellite phones, and strict vigil has been maintained.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Agra, Apr 6 (PTI): A man was arrested for allegedly harassing and touching inappropriately a tourist from the Czech Republic visiting the Taj Mahal, police said on Sunday.
The alleged incident occurred on April 3 and the arrest was made after a thorough investigation, they said.
In a written complaint at the Tourist police station, the woman alleged that she was "touched inappropriately and harassed" while walking along the Shamshan Ghat Road around 1 pm, they added.
The police registered a case and began a probe, deploying multiple teams to nab the accused.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (Taj Security) Syed Areeb Ahmed said, "A case was registered on the complaint of the foreign woman. Several teams were deployed to search for the accused. (Footage from) several CCTV cameras covering the area was scanned. After investigation, the accused Karan Rathore was arrested on Sunday."
The woman has identified Rathore as the accused and he has been taken into custody, the officer said.