Bengaluru: Pro-Kannada activist Vatal Nagaraj has declared a "Akhand Karnataka bandh" scheduled for September 29, calling for unity among Kannada union organizations. This decision was reached during a meeting led by Vatal Nagaraj, where consensus was reached regarding the "Karnataka Bandh."
Vatal Nagaraj clarified that their intention is not to impose a two-day bandh situation, as it would inflict severe financial hardships on their drivers. He emphasized that their support is exclusively for the Karnataka bandh slated for September 29, organized by a coalition of pro-Kannada organizations.
Addressing the upcoming Karnataka bandh, Vatal Nagaraj encouraged everyone to participate in solidarity and advocate for the cause of Cauvery from all directions.
In contrast, he noted that there had been an announcement for a Bengaluru bandh without a formal meeting. However, after careful consideration during their recent meeting, the decision was made to call for a comprehensive Karnataka bandh, indicating their disapproval of the Bengaluru bandh set for September 26.
Farmer leader Badagalpura Nagendra expressed that there was a consensus in favor of the Karnataka bandh and mentioned that some groups were planning to observe a bandh on September 26. He further conveyed that they had been approached to support the farmers' union but collectively decided to rally behind a single Karnataka bandh while distancing themselves from the Bengaluru bandh scheduled for the earlier date.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Thane (PTI): A 46-year-old mechanical engineer in Maharashtra's Thane city has allegedly been duped of Rs 3.15 crore after being lured to invest in a fraudulent online trading platform, police said on Sunday.
The complainant, a resident of the Kasarvadavali area, alleged that a person had contacted him and promised high returns through investments on a website.
Believing the representation to be true, the complainant invested Rs 3,15,67,954 between December 12, 2025 and February 11 this year, cyber police station sub-inspector Lahu Rathod said.
"The complainant stated that he was initially shown a profit of USD 5 lakh on the platform, which built his confidence. However, when he attempted to withdraw or secure his invested amount, his account was blocked and he realised that he had been cheated," the official said.
Based on his complaint, the police registered a case on Friday against three individuals under Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita sections 318(4) (cheating) and 316(2) (criminal breach of trust), and sections 66(C) and 66(D) of the Information Technology Act for cheating, impersonation and online fraud, he said.
A probe was underway into the case.
