Kalaburagi (Karnataka) (PTI): Karnataka Minister Priyank Kharge on Sunday took a swipe at the RSS, saying the organisation is following rules for the first time in 100 years by holding a route march in Chittapur with due legal and constitutional permission.
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh is scheduled to hold the march in Chittapur Assembly constituency in Kalaburagi district, from where Priyank, son of Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge, is an MLA.
Priyank, who has been vocal against the RSS for some time, had earlier written to the CM (Siddaramaiah) urging that the organisation not be allowed to hold shakhas or route marches on government land anywhere in Karnataka, citing concerns that they "spread hatred".
The RSS had initially planned the march in Kharge’s constituency, but the district administration denied permission.
The outfit later approached the court and obtained approval.
"I have never opposed the route march. All I said was that permission should be taken. They have a habit of not following the rule of law. Now they are following the rules. Let them do it," Priyank told reporters in Kalaburagi.
According to the minister, strict conditions have been imposed.
"If they don’t follow the conditions, they will face punishment as per the law. What’s the problem here? Earlier, they used to communicate; now they are seeking permission," he added.
Priyank further said, "We have asked them to follow the law and Constitution, which they are doing for the first time in 100 years."
Ahead of the RSS march, security has been tightened around the Bajaj Kalyan Mantap, the starting point of the procession.
Police have cordoned off the venue, while bomb disposal squads and sniffer dogs conducted thorough checks.
Officers are also monitoring the compound and surrounding trees for potential security threats, with a heavy police presence deployed.
The route march is scheduled to begin at 3.30 pm from the Bajaj Kalyan Mantap, proceed for about 1.2 km, and conclude near the same venue.
CCTV cameras have been installed, and drone surveillance has been arranged along the entire route.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Nanded (Maharashtra) (PTI): A woman carried her 10-day-old baby while appearing for her Class 12 Maharashtra board examination in Nanded city, prompting authorities to set up a special mother-friendly facility at the exam centre, officials said.
Shital Chandrakant Chitte (21) arrived at the centre on Wednesday for her Political Science exam with her newborn. Earlier, just two days after delivery, she had also appeared for the English exam on February 10, accompanied by her sister.
Appreciating her determination towards education, the People's College authorities created a dedicated 'Matrusneh Kaksha' (mother-friendly room) and arranged a cradle for the baby, allowing Chitte to write her exam while her child rested.
ALSO READ: Amid Epstein files controversy, Bill Gates to skip keynote address at India AI Impact Summit
Married two years ago, Chitte, a student of Shri Basweshwar College here, said she had no one at home to look after the baby as her husband leaves for work during the day.
With the Class 12 examination crucial for her future, she chose not to miss it, and her family has supported her decision to continue her education, Chitte said.
Nanded education officer Madhav Salgar appreciated the college's move to form a separate facility for the student during the exam.
"Henceforth, we, on behalf of the administration, will make arrangements at exam centres for such students to motivate them," he told PTI.
Maharashtra board's Latur divisional president Sudhakar Telang claimed this is the first such initiative in the state.
The Maharashtra board's Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examinations began on February 10 and are being conducted smoothly at the centre, where 861 candidates are appearing.
