Bengaluru (PTI): Nearly 50 schools in Bengaluru on Friday morning received bomb threat, which turned out to be a hoax, police said.

A single, identical email with the subject 'Bombs inside the school' was sent to nearly 50 email ids of various schools at 7.24 am from the user, roadkill333@atomicmail.io, they said.

The sender claimed to have placed several explosive devices within the classrooms of the respective schools, police said.

"Hello. I am writing to let you know that I have placed several explosive devices (Trinitrotoluene) within school classrooms. The explosives are skillfully hidden, in black plastic bags," it stated.

Authorities of a number of schools immediately alerted police, who reached the institutions concerned with the bomb disposal squads and anti-sabotage check teams, they said.

The students and staff were immediately evacuated from the premises, police said, adding no suspicious objects were found.

"At least four schools in the Central division (Bengaluru police) limits received a bomb threat email this morning, triggering panic. All necessary measures were taken as per protocol. Nothing suspicious was found, and it turned out to be a hoax email," a senior police officer said.

Besides, Central division, schools located in other police divisions of the Bengaluru City Police are also said to have received bomb threat emails, which later turned out to be a hoax, but the exact number of schools has not been confirmed by the police yet.

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, speaking to reporters in Mysuru, said, "I got to know about it (bomb threats to schools), I have asked officials to check whether it is a hoax bomb threat."

Asked about such repeated incidents of threats, he said, "We are bringing a law against fake news, giving false information, instigation, among others."

Home Minister G Parameshwara said that the police will not take such threat messages lightly and are verifying them.

"There were instances of bomb threat calls and mails in Bengaluru and other parts of the state early too. They come now in the same way. We will verify which schools have received calls and emails. We will not take anything lightly, we will verify everything," he said.

Meanwhile, more than 20 schools in Delhi on Friday received bomb threats, triggering panic among the students and their parents.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



Ranchi (PTI): The body of a migrant worker from Jharkhand’s Giridih district killed in Saudi Arabia in October last year has arrived at Ranchi Airport, but his family refused to accept it over pending compensation, officials said.

Shikha Lakra, team leader of the state migrant control cell, told PTI that, before taking the body of Vijay Kumar Mahato, the family is demanding compensation from the private company where he used to work in the Arab country.

Mahato was killed in an alleged crossfire between the police and criminals.

“Since it was a bullet injury case, the matter is before a court in Jeddah. The final compensation may depend on the court’s decision,” Lakra said.

“The Indian Embassy informed us about the body’s arrival, and coordination was done with district authorities. Our role is limited to coordination in cases involving overseas employers and foreign jurisdiction,” she added.

Giridih Deputy Commissioner Ram Niwas Yadav said the authorities will try to convince the family to perform the last rites.

“We have already sanctioned Rs 5 lakh under the government scheme for migrant’s deaths abroad. The compensation payment might take some time,” he said.

The body is currently at the mortuary of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) in Ranchi.

The Family members said they will only accept it if the company provides written assurance regarding compensation. “Without that assurance, we will not receive the body,” said Ram Prasad Mahato, the deceased’s brother-in-law.

Mahato, a native of Dudhpaniya village in Madh Gopali panchayat under Dumri block, was employed as a tower line fitter. His family said he was struck by a bullet during a gunfight between local police and an extortion gang and later succumbed to his injuries.

Social activist Sikander Ali said Mahato is survived by his wife, two young sons aged five and three, and elderly parents.