Bengaluru: The second edition of the World Ayurveda Summit began at Palace Grounds on Thursday, bringing together experts, practitioners and students to discuss the future of Ayurveda and its role in modern healthcare.
According to a report published by Deccan Herald on Friday, the four-day event is being organised by the Kaje Ayurvedic Charitable Foundation in association with the Union Ministry of AYUSH and the Karnataka AYUSH Department.
This year’s summit is centred on the theme “Ayurveda for a healthier future”, with a focus on integrating traditional knowledge with contemporary medical practices and nurturing the next generation of Ayurveda professionals.
A unanimous demand was raised at the summit to increase evidence-based scientific research related to the Ayurveda system of medicine and that both union and state governments should take concrete steps in that direction.
Speaking at the inauguration, Dharmasthala Dharmadhikari Veerendra Heggade reportedly said expanding research would help improve medicine formulation and disease treatment within the Ayurveda system. He encouraged students and practitioners not to hesitate in choosing Ayurveda, noting that it is gaining increasing recognition worldwide.
After the inauguration, Health and Family Welfare Minister Dinesh Gundu Rao said Ayurveda plays a significant role in helping people lead a healthy life. “Ayurveda and yoga are preventive lifestyles that help in avoiding diseases. They were developed thousands of years ago on a scientific foundation,” DH quoted him as saying.
The minister also highlighted the need for specialised training in Ayurveda, similar to specialisations in modern medicine. For instance, in modern medicine, people easily trust certified specialists such as nephrologists. Similarly, in Ayurveda too, there should be a proper system of certification with clear standards for specialised practitioners.
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Mumbai (PTI): Veteran screenwriter Salim Khan suffered a brain haemorrhage which has been tackled, is on ventilator support as a safeguard and stable, doctors treating him said on Wednesday, a day after he was admitted to the Lilavati Hospital here.
The 90-year-old, one half of the celebrated Salim-Javed duo which scripted films such as "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don" with Javed Akhtar, is in the ICU and recovery might take some time given his age.
"His blood pressure was high for which we treated him and we had to put him on a ventilator because we wanted to do certain investigations. Now the ventilator was put as a safeguard so that his situation doesn't get worse. So it is not that he is critical," Dr Jalil Parkar told reporters.
"We did the investigations that were required and today we have done a small procedure on him, I will not go into the details. The procedure done is called DSA (digital subtraction angiography). The procedure has been accomplished, he is fine and stable and shifted back to ICU. By tomorrow, we hope to get him off the ventilator. All in all, he is doing quite well," he added.
Asked whether he suffered a brain haemorrhage, the doctor said, "Unko thoda haemorrhage hua tha, which we’ve tackled. No surgery is required.
As concern over Khan's health mounted, his children, including superstar Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan, daughter Alvira, and sons-in-law Atul Agnihotri and Aayush Sharma, have been seen outside the hospital along with other well-wishers. His long-time partner Akhtar was also seen coming out of the hospital.
Khan, a household name in the 70s and 80s, turned 90 on November 24 last year. It was the day Dharmendra, the star of many of his films, including "Sholay", "Seeta aur Geeta" and "Yaadon Ki Baraat", passed away.
Hailing from an affluent family in Indore, Khan arrived in Mumbai in his 20s with dreams of stardom. He was good looking and confident he would make a mark in the industry as an actor. But that did not happen. And then, after struggling for close to a decade and getting confined to small roles in films, he changed lanes.
He worked as an assistant to Abrar Alvi and soon met Akhtar to form one of Hindi cinema's most formidable writing partnerships. They worked together on two dozen movies with most of them achieving blockbuster status.
Other than "Sholay", "Deewar" and "Don", Khan and Akhtar also penned "Trishul", "Zanjeer", "Seeta Aur Geeta", "Haathi Mere Saathi", "Yaadon Ki Baarat" and "Mr India".
