Bengaluru: Shaheen Group of Institutions on Sunday held a press conference here in the city to detail their latest initiative “Shaheen Kifalah”, a crowd-fundraising platform for the education of poor and needy students.

Speaking at the press conference the CEO of Shaheen Group of Institutions, Tauseef Madikeri said several students from the economically weaker sector drop out of educational institutions due to their financial crisis, adding that their initiative was aimed to provide assistance to such students.

“When we conducted a survey, we found out that most of the students opting out of their studies reasoned the financial condition of their family for their decision. Hence, we have come up with an idea to help students who are seeking help to continue their education.

“The campaign was launched today and we have also created a website for this. Students seeking financial assistance to continue their education can apply and fill in the required details and we will help them.” He added.

“The initiative is not limited to Karnataka. Students from any part of the country can apply and seek help through the campaign. Once the student applies, our team will visit them, and through a screening process will take a call on their applications. We will support them by running a fundraising campaign for them, thereby securing their future.” He further added.

“At least 14 students have so far approached us and we are going through their applications. Students from all sects and communities can apply for donations online there won't be any discrimination on any grounds.” He said.

“With a thorough screening process, we find the honest youth who are good humans with ethics and values, and we work on placing these deserving youth in positions that matter in the fields of medicine, engineering, law, policy/government, journalism, etc.” the official website of the campaign states.

Shaheen Group of Institutions’ Director Asif Ali, Tumkur’s Shaheen Kids’ Umer, and others were present during the press conference.

Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.



KOCHI, Apr 3 (PTI): A local body near here has slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 against noted playback singer M G Sreekumar for allegedly dumping waste into the Kochi backwaters.

The Mulavukad Grama Panchayat issued a notice directing the singer to pay the fine within 15 days, the authorities said on Thursday.

The notice was issued after a tourist captured a video on their mobile phone showing a garbage bag being thrown into the Kochi backwaters from the singer's house located in Mulavukad panchayat area, panchayat sources said.

According to the sources, a few days ago, this video was posted on social media, tagging Local Self Government Minister M B Rajesh.

In response, the minister stated that complaints regarding public littering, supported by evidence, could be submitted to the government’s WhatsApp number (94467 00800) for action.

After receiving the complaint, the local body’s control room directed the panchayat authorities to inspect the site the same day and confirm the incident, panchayat sources added.

Subsequently, a notice directing to pay a fine of Rs 25,000 was issued under the relevant sections of the Panchayat Raj Act, the sources said.

"After considering the response from the singer, the panchayat will initiate further action if required," said a top panchayat functionary.

However, the singer has not responded to the issue so far.