Bengaluru (PTI): Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar on Saturday lost his cool at a section of the media persons for allegedly pitting him against Union Minister HD Kumaraswamy by sharing false information to provoke sensational statement.
He even warned them of dire consequences.
During a press conference related to the Greater Bengaluru Authority (GBA) and the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA), a few journalists sought Shivakumar’s reaction on Kumaraswamy’s purported statement on Saturday that the Karnataka government would collapse anytime soon and that he (Shivakumar) was in touch with Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
Slamming Kumaraswamy, Shivakumar said he may file a defamation suit against the Union minister for such statement.
Moments later, his team discovered that Kumaraswamy, who is JD(S) second-in-command, had not said anything like that.
At an event to commemorate the silver jubilee of JD(S), Kumaraswamy said on Saturday that some "explosive developments" were in the offing and asked his cadres to "remain close to the people and respond to their hardships".
His statement was made in the wake of power tussle between Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and Shivakumar.
Learning about journalists misquoting Kumaraswamy, Shivakumar turned angry and said he will make them repent for pitching him against the Union minister without any reason.
Later, a statement issued by the deputy chief minister’s office condemned the behaviour of the reporters who allegedly shared false information while asking question.
Requesting media houses not to air the objectionable portion from the press conference, the statement said, "The Dy CM expressed deep dissatisfaction over the media giving such wrong information and receiving such a response when asking questions. One should not create false information and ask false questions. The Dy CM said that this will harm the honor, dignity and trust of the media".
Let the Truth be known. If you read VB and like VB, please be a VB Supporter and Help us deliver the Truth to one and all.
Bengaluru (PTI): A 69-year-old woman was allegedly murdered and robbed of her gold ornaments at her residence on the city’s outskirts while her paralysed husband was present, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred on Pete Street in Nelamangala, where Shobha lived with her husband, who is paralysed and bedridden, police said.
For the past decade, she had been the sole caregiver for her husband. The couple had no children and lived a secluded life, according to police.
A video from the scene showed the woman lying in a pool of blood, with her husband beside her on the same bed, they said.
The accused, Shivakumar, a wholesale shop owner who has been arrested in the case, allegedly targeted her to clear a debt of Rs 8 lakh, police said.
The crime came to light on Wednesday evening when her husband’s physiotherapist arrived for a scheduled session. Upon finding Shobha’s lifeless body in a pool of blood, the doctor immediately alerted the local authorities, police officials said.
According to police, at approximately 4 pm on the day of the incident, the accused, Shivakumar, a resident of the same locality, noticed Shobha wearing gold jewellery. He allegedly followed her to her residence with a premeditated plan.
Shivakumar entered the house under the guise of being thirsty, asking Shobha for a glass of water. Once inside, and believing she was alone, he attacked her. When Shobha attempted to resist, the accused allegedly slit her throat, a senior police officer said.
After the murder, Shivakumar fled the scene with more than 100 grams of gold jewellery worn by the victim, police said.
By analysing CCTV footage from the surrounding area, police identified Shivakumar and tracked him down, they added.
